Luxury travel

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective

How much luxury travel befits the Christian?

Total votes: 0

KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Re: Luxury travel

Post by KingdomBuilder »

I dread flying... being 36,000 feet up in a germy tin can is not my cup of tea.
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:10 across in an international 777! You are kidding, which airline?
That particular flight was China Eastern, but 10-across is not at all uncommon. United, American, Air Canada, Emirates, Air France, KLM, and now Cathay (just to give a few examples) have some or all of their 777s configured that way. At the moment it appears that Delta, British Airways, and Singapore are all 9-across, and BA being what it is, I don't expect that to last. Always a good idea to check SeatGuru.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

United's 777-200s in the old Continental setup (Polaris Business up front, no Polaris First cabin) is 10 across: 3 - 4 - 3. Last three trips I had on that I ended up with Economy Plus basically by chance.

My trip a week ago on a 787 I got a middle in the back, but the guys to my left and right wanted to sit together. Lucky me!
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

ohio jones wrote:
Judas Maccabeus wrote:10 across in an international 777! You are kidding, which airline?
That particular flight was China Eastern, but 10-across is not at all uncommon. United, American, Air Canada, Emirates, Air France, KLM, and now Cathay (just to give a few examples) have some or all of their 777s configured that way. At the moment it appears that Delta, British Airways, and Singapore are all 9-across, and BA being what it is, I don't expect that to last. Always a good idea to check SeatGuru.
Gag! Even worse than the 757-200s that United flies transatlantic. I thought that was not possible....

Do you get a choice of Mustard, Oil or tomato sauce?

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I liked the 757-200s on the p.s. routes (or at least I did when they had business and first and were easy to upgrade on)
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Non-Luxury travel

Post by ohio jones »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:Gag! Even worse than the 757-200s that United flies transatlantic. I thought that was not possible....

Do you get a choice of Mustard, Oil or tomato sauce?
I believe JFK-CAG would be right at the limit of the range of those planes, but it would be a fitting route if they could squeeze it into the schedule.

p.s.: CAG = Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Haystack
Affiliation: Christian

Post by Haystack »

I don't like flying and I hope I never have to fly again. I prefer to take Amtrak for long distance travels.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus

Haystack wrote:I don't like flying and I hope I never have to fly again. I prefer to take Amtrak for long distance travels.
When you can get me a ticket for London on Amtrak, I want to join you on that trip.

J.M.
0 x
Haystack
Affiliation: Christian

Post by Haystack »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:
Haystack wrote:I don't like flying and I hope I never have to fly again. I prefer to take Amtrak for long distance travels.
When you can get me a ticket for London on Amtrak, I want to join you on that trip.

J.M.
Sure we can go to London on Amtrak/VIA rail, Ontario that is ;)
0 x
Judas Maccabeus

Haystack wrote:
Judas Maccabeus wrote:

J.M.
Sure we can go to London on Amtrak/VIA rail, Ontario that is ;)
Can we go to Sidney as well? :D

J.M.
0 x