Convincing ethnic plain people to engage with the lost

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Convincing ethnic plain people to engage with the lost

Post by Josh »

Since few people from the world join our churches, most of our people have plain ethnic background.

If one goes to one of my own church group’s churches in Nigeria or Haiti, one won’t find very many (or any) white people or Latinos. I suspect this is true of other plain groups as well.
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Re: Conservative Anabaptist Church Finder & Information

Post by Wade »

Sudsy wrote:Ernie, do you know of any stats of churches that consider themselves Anabaptist in the United States regarding the diversity of members that would show stats such as what % of all Anabaptists are -

1) from German/Russian Mennonite roots
2) are African Americans
3) are Latinos
4) are Whites not from category 1

I'm curious too as to whether these percentages are changing over the past decade and to what degree.

If not, do you have these breakdowns in CA churches only since this is a CA information thread ?
One of the problems I see with looking at things with this mindset as it could be misleading.

Last Sunday 50% of the last names we home churched with are clear Anabaptist last names. But all those men grew up unchurched and married non-Mennonite background women...
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Do you mind listing those last names?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Wade

Post by Wade »

Ernie wrote:Do you mind listing those last names?
Stoltz and Wiebe.
And another woman that wasn't there says she grew up Evangelical Mennonite. But I don't know her maiden name.
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

Another example why looking at ethnic backgrounds doesn't work or at least not where I live is that I have talked with two young men at my work with the last names Wiebe and Penner about their background. Both these atheist's know they come from Anabaptist heritage but listened in amazement as they never heard of the things I shared about the early Anabaptist's.
So just by a persons last name it can be a great opportunity to share the gospel with the lost. Especially those
1) from German/Russian Mennonite roots.
0 x