Street preaching at Pinecraft

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Street preaching at Pinecraft

Post by Soloist »

ohio jones wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:24 pm
Bootstrap wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:40 pm Anyone know this guy's history? Did he come from an Anabaptist background?
He is not a bitter ex-Menno. "We were false converts in man's modern denominational religion for many years" but he does not identify the denomination; he denounces them all.
He doesn't seem to actually know much about Anabaptist theology or teaching, according to his website. Where is he getting his view of Anabaptism from?
MennoNet.
He has also had discussions with a couple notables from the Anabaptists. Does he listen to them? Who knows
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

ohio jones wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:24 pm
He doesn't seem to actually know much about Anabaptist theology or teaching, according to his website. Where is he getting his view of Anabaptism from?
MennoNet.
ROFL
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Outsider
Affiliation: Church of Christ

Post by Outsider »

dontperish wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:41 pm Here is a link with the gospel going out ...
https://www.dontperish.com/witnessing-v ... -community

So where in the bible does it say a man has to wear a tunic? Nothing against tunics, I wear them from time to time. But God didn't tell me to wear them.

Jesus wasn't sin. He was sinless. He was made "like sinful flesh"-

Romans 8:3
"For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering."

Jews count the days from evening to morning. Jesus was dead on Friday. Then the evening and morning of the Sabbath. Then the evening and morning of the 3rd day, the First day of the week.

Matthew 28:1
At the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulcher.

You claim at one point that "the new day begins at 12"- that is a modern convention. Read Genesis: "the evening and morning of the first day".

Dead before sundown on Friday- 1 day. In the tomb Friday night to Saturday night- 2nd day. Evening to morning of Saturday- 3rd day.

Christmas, Easter, etc.

Romans 14
5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord.

And I've never heard of an Anabaptist teaching that you're going to hell if you don't observe Christmas or Easter.

So, are you able to hear rebuke?

Proverbs 9:8
Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you.
Last edited by Outsider on Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;

Hebrews 1:14
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

dontperish wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:41 pm Here is a link with the gospel going out ...
https://www.dontperish.com/witnessing-v ... -community
I'm not Anabaptist, but your approach "at them" is terrible. You could learn a lot from them. By the way, the celebration of Christmas is not "pagan". You're plan of attack pales in the light of the way Anabaptist people live their Christianity out day to day. Our Orthodox Christian said this of the Amish (he knows them very well) "They are the salt of the earth". For an Orthodox Christian priest to say that reminds me of the many comments I hear of people around the world who say they are the only real Christians left.

Maybe it would behoove you to learn from them
1 x
dontperish
Affiliation: Christian

Post by dontperish »

This is directed to this post... not one person as I don't come here often ..

Christmas as a annual celebration was invented by false men who merged it with a sub God holiday ..then pushed on by the pagan Roman church ...so it's pagan. No bible saints kept a annual Christ mass and per 2 these 2:15 and Mark 7:7-9 it's sin and vain.

The Amish I meet all over are void of the truth of the gospel ..
They don't care about the lost perishing ..they keep many many made false ways and many love making money most of all. They are mostly spiritually dead ....

As for your Orthodox reference ...I wouldn't take his advise. The Orthodox faith is only a notch behind the RC church for heresy.

The approach isn't mine ...it's preach the gospel and publically rebuke them 1 Tim 5 like Jesus did to false teachers.

Usually those who tell you how to witness and street preach ...do neither. Men ...Send me your website and street preaching videos please?

God be praised
Tupos (James)
Dontperish.com
Dontperish@outlook.com
0 x
dontperish

Post by dontperish »

Sun god that is ...
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

dontperish wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:28 pm This is directed to this post... not one person as I don't come here often ..

Christmas as a annual celebration was invented by false men who merged it with a sub God holiday ..then pushed on by the pagan Roman church ...so it's pagan. No bible saints kept a annual Christ mass and per 2 these 2:15 and Mark 7:7-9 it's sin and vain.

The Amish I meet all over are void of the truth of the gospel ..
They don't care about the lost perishing ..they keep many many made false ways and many love making money most of all. They are mostly spiritually dead ....

As for your Orthodox reference ...I wouldn't take his advise. The Orthodox faith is only a notch behind the RC church for heresy.

The approach isn't mine ...it's preach the gospel and publically rebuke them 1 Tim 5 like Jesus did to false teachers.

Usually those who tell you how to witness and street preach ...do neither. Men ...Send me your website and street preaching videos please?

God be praised
Tupos (James)
Dontperish.com
Dontperish@outlook.com
Opinions (yours) false accusations, lack of thorough knowledge of Church history, so- i don't think God was waiting for you to arrive to set the record straight.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

dontperish wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:28 pm

Some people don't film their evangelism because their goal isn't pride. Those who street preach that I know and have gone with do not do videos.

I don't dispute that the disciples didn't get recorded as celebrating "Christ" "Mass" but they also were not recorded doing a great deal of other things. I can't recall them recording people with a video. Therefore, either you accept that you are wrong recording people doing your "preaching" or you accept that celebrating the birth of Christ is not pagan. The day? who cares.
I don't actually "celebrate" Christmas anything like what the world does, we don't have trees, lights, mistletoe, holly, we haven't given the children Christmas presents, no yule tide logs.
We have a meal, we sing songs about Jesus's birth, and resurrection.
You are a man who comes across as hateful and vindictive. Some of the concerns on your website may be valid, and I can agree with many of them, but are done with a wrong spirit.
1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
Read that and I pray you sincerely consider how you fail to follow any of this.

Can you show 1? just 1 male besides yourself who measures up with your stick? Or are you just like Solomon who says
27Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account: 28Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

dontperish wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:28 pmThe approach isn't mine ...it's preach the gospel and publically rebuke them 1 Tim 5 like Jesus did to false teachers.
So you are comparing yourself to Jesus now?

And by the way, 1 Timothy 5 isn't about preaching. It is about how we treat others. You should probably give it another read.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
dontperish

Post by dontperish »

We are to imitate Jesus and Paul ..see 1 Cor 11
And 1 Tim 5 is about rebuking those who claim Christ ...publically. Face to face then videos online to warn my neighbors ... do that well. Google... anabaptists exposed ...we come up usual #1or 2..... And I make no money off my ministry ...zero. I am self funded ....

That would be the Amish and anabaptists....who keep much sin who needs the rebuking. Love and long suffering is never in sin is it in scripture. Jesus said toss out those who won't leave sin. Matt 18

Jesus nor Paul were kind to false teachers like anabaptists so I am not either... to model them. But I love them enough to tell the truth. Jesus called them hypocrites Mat 22 and Paul told false teachers to cut off their man hood. Gal 5;12 right before he talked of the gifts of the spirit in the sabe chapter.
Ouch!!!

In love ...anabaptists need to study more. ...

God be praised
0 x