Re: Street preaching at Pinecraft

Post by dontperish »

Matt 23 ...typo
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:46 am We are to imitate Jesus and Paul ..see 1 Cor 11
And 1 Tim 5 is about rebuking those who claim Christ ...publically. Face to face then videos online to warn my neighbors ... do that well. Google... anabaptists exposed ...we come up usual #1or 2..... And I make no money off my ministry ...zero. I am self funded ....

That would be the Amish and anabaptists....who keep much sin who needs the rebuking. Love and long suffering is never in sin is it in scripture. Jesus said toss out those who won't leave sin. Matt 18

Jesus nor Paul were kind to false teachers like anabaptists so I am not either... to model them. But I love them enough to tell the truth. Jesus called them hypocrites Mat 22 and Paul told false teachers to cut off their man hood. Gal 5;12 right before he talked of the gifts of the spirit in the sabe chapter.
Ouch!!!

In love ...anabaptists need to study more. ...

God be praised
You need to learn the humility of Christ if you expect to be in His future kingdom.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Soloist wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:01 pm

Some people don't film their evangelism because their goal isn't pride. Those who street preach that I know and have gone with do not do videos.

So true.

However it might be good he videos himself harassing people. He says a man assaulted him, yet according to the video we can all see the man did no such thing. As I said in an earlier post, you can always tell a false prophet and faker, by the lies they purport.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Grace wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:35 am
Soloist wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:01 pm Some people don't film their evangelism because their goal isn't pride. Those who street preach that I know and have gone with do not do videos.
So true.
However it might be good he videos himself harassing people. He says a man assaulted him, yet according to the video we can all see the man did no such thing. As I said in an earlier post, you can always tell a false prophet and faker, by the lies they purport.
if he is one he’s not the only one or the worst one on this forum.
the most successful (liars) are the hardest to detect.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:46 am We are to imitate Jesus and Paul ..see 1 Cor 11
And 1 Tim 5 is about rebuking those who claim Christ ...publically. Face to face then videos online to warn my neighbors ... do that well.
I agree, we are to imitate Jesus and Paul. I don't see that in what you are doing. For instance, when I turn to 1 Timothy 5, here's the first thing I see:
Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. Treat younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity.
When you disagree with your father, do you shout at him from a distance, goading him, filming his response for Youtube?

I think you may be referring to this other part, but you aren't following that either:
Do not entertain an accusation against an elder unless it is brought by two or three witnesses. But those elders who are sinning you are to reprove before everyone, so that the others may take warning. I charge you, in the sight of God and Christ Jesus and the elect angels, to keep these instructions without partiality, and to do nothing out of favoritism.
1 Timothy is plainly speaking to people in the same church, dealing with their own issues, and this is about accusations against elders. If you have an accusation against an elder in your church, then you and one or two other witnesses should bring that accusation to the elders. I don't think this is what you are doing.
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:47 am Matt 23 ...typo
OK, let's look at it.
“Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long; they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.
I can't see into your heart, but "exposing" people on Youtube isn't going to reach a lot of Amish. Are you creating these websites and making a lot of noise in order to be seen? Do you love the position of being the judge of Anabaptists?
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:46 am In love ...anabaptists need to study more. ...
And so do we all. In context. Slowly and carefully. Asking the Holy Spirit to inspire our understanding together. A living room or a church both seem like a better setting for that to happen.

But to me, at least, Mennonite faith is deeply rooted in Scripture. Here's the Confession of Faith that I am most familiar with, almost every point is discussed with the relevant scriptures:

https://anabaptistwiki.org/mediawiki/in ... ive_(1995)

This was also an earmark of Menno Simons - he had deep knowledge of Scripture and promoted simple obedience to its teachings. Here's a page that shows his main doctrinal teachings:

http://mennosimons.net/doctrine.html

You may disagree with some of his conclusions. I do too. But he is a man who is clearly trying to promote simple obedience to Scripture as he understood it.
0 x
dontperish
Affiliation: Christian

Post by dontperish »

If people grabbing me ..my sign and blocking my path telling me to leave a public park ( he did them all) isn't wrong fleshly and sinful ...you are all blind as they are.

The Bible rebuked and exposed men by name for all to see thru the ages as does my ministry.... if rebuking and judging publically is wrong ...why are you doing it here to me. Are you not hypocrites in this? Jesus hates hypocrisy ...

Go see how Jesus and Paul and John the Baptist dealt with false teachers. There was no love fest as you desire but rebuke ...and a call to repent.

Who said I believe the anabaptists are my brethren?
My brethren live holy out of al false ways and preach the true gospel not what the anabaptists do... cling to traditions of men.

Read Col 2:8 .. it's a verse anabaptists trample.

God is good ...

Ps still waiting for any emails or calls from men ...loaded with scripture to go over the gospel then refute any of my many teachings against the heretic anabaptist ways?
dontperish@outlook.com
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:06 pm If people grabbing me ..my sign and blocking my path telling me to leave a public park ( he did them all) isn't wrong fleshly and sinful ...you are all blind as they are.
I didn’t watch your videos. Nor do I see value in your practice. I see some value in exposing sin but not how you do so.
The Bible rebuked and exposed men by name for all to see thru the ages as does my ministry.... if rebuking and judging publically is wrong
Yet Paul
Act 23:3  Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?
Act 23:4  And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God's high priest?
Act 23:5  Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.
And then Jesus said
Mat 7:1  Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mat 7:2  For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Mat 7:3  And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4  Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5  Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
...why are you doing it here to me. Are you not hypocrites in this? Jesus hates hypocrisy ...
Protesting people pointing out your flaws in a public fashion? Don’t publicly denounce people then and people will take you aside to tell you what they see in private.
Go see how Jesus and Paul and John the Baptist dealt with false teachers. There was no love fest as you desire but rebuke ...and a call to repent
You go meditate on
Mat 5:7  Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Who said I believe the anabaptists are my brethren?
My brethren live holy out of al false ways and preach the true gospel not what the anabaptists do... cling to traditions of men.
You have no brethren. A doctor once was asked by a man “everywhere hurts doc when I push on it” the doctor an astute man says “you have a broken finger”
Fix your own judgmental attitude and humble yourself
Jas 4:6  But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Jas 4:10  Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
Jas 4:11  Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
Jas 4:12  There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?
Read Col 2:8 .. it's a verse anabaptists trample.

Add in a “some” in there and I could agree with you.
Ps still waiting for any emails or calls from men ...loaded with scripture to go over the gospel then refute any of my many teachings against the heretic anabaptist ways?
dontperish@outlook.com
I’d rather keep my affairs with you in public where selective editing is useless. You have no respect of people and I wouldn’t trust you as a brother of Christ like I do some on here. This is a public forum and it’s very purpose is to discuss. Feel free to discuss the Scripture here with us in this public setting. Everything is clear and mutually recorded and this public setting should appeal to you. Or are you just interested in picking on poorly educated Amish not used to dealing with your sort…

How about you post a specific issue and discuss it rather then crying out for communication in your field? And maybe answer some of the challenges leveled against you if you expect to change anyone’s view on you and your website.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

dontperish wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:06 pmPs still waiting for any emails or calls from men ...loaded with scripture to go over the gospel then refute any of my many teachings against the heretic anabaptist ways?
dontperish@outlook.com
The last time I spoke to you on the phone, you told me I was a heretic and a false teacher, because I would not “denounce” Matthew Milioni as a false teacher. I would add that you and I did not find any other doctrinal disagreements; we agreed there shouldn’t be special Christmas or Easter services (as my church doesn’t do those), that a church should just simply be called “a church of God”, and so on.

However, you then twisted my words and misquoted me on your website. For example, you said about me that I “admitted to being a Mennonite in the past”.

That’s very odd, since I am can gladly say I am a Mennonite, and not just in the past, but in the present as well.
3 x