Anabaptist Healthcare?

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Re: Anabaptist Healthcare?

Post by ken_sylvania »

Maybe referring to this lawsuit, but it wasn't a SCOTUS case.

A certain website that has a habit of twisting the news to fit its agenda claimed a while ago that the final rule implementing Section 1557 of the ACA would require hospitals to perform abortions even if the objected on religious grounds.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

ken_sylvania wrote:Maybe referring to this lawsuit, but it wasn't a SCOTUS case.

A certain website that has a habit of twisting the news to fit its agenda claimed a while ago that the final rule implementing Section 1557 of the ACA would require hospitals to perform abortions even if the objected on religious grounds.
Yep, that was one victory in the lower courts - it seems the ACLU is all about forcing abortion provision.

Several others are being monitored at the moment. It's hoped that the change of administration and healthcare legislation will prevent further need to sink money into litigation instead of using it to improve healthcare. The case of the Little Sisters of the Poor went to SCOTUS.

If my memory isn't too foggy, I seem to recall the Baptists have similar cases in litigation. There are several very fine Baptist hospitals - I hope they haven't been forced to shut their doors.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

MaxPC wrote:
ken_sylvania wrote:Maybe referring to this lawsuit, but it wasn't a SCOTUS case.

Yep, that was one victory in the lower courts - it seems the ACLU is all about forcing abortion provision.

Several others are being monitored at the moment. It's hoped that the change of administration and healthcare legislation will prevent further need to sink money into litigation instead of using it to improve healthcare. The case of the Little Sisters of the Poor went to SCOTUS.

If my memory isn't too foggy, I seem to recall the Baptists have similar cases in litigation. There are several very fine Baptist hospitals - I hope they haven't been forced to shut their doors.
Do you have any citations or references for any of this?
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

https://www.chausa.org/about/about/facts-statistics
Comprised of more than 600 hospitals and 1,400 long-term care and other health facilities in all 50 states, the Catholic health ministry is the largest group of nonprofit health care providers in the nation. Every day, one in six patients in the U.S. is cared for in a Catholic hospital.
Are they really in danger of closing their doors? That would be a really significant event. I don't see any mention of this on their website.

Max, if Catholic or Baptist hospitals are really in danger of having to close their doors because of the kind of issue you mention, I would like to see some reliable information telling me that. This is new to me. It would be a major concern to me if it were true. So please do provide links to reliable information if you have it.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

For the Anabaptists who are currently in an active Anabaptist fellowship:

How do you handle medical expenses?
Insurance?
Anabaptist health exchange?
Other?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
Josh

Post by Josh »

MaxPC wrote:For the Anabaptists who are currently in an active Anabaptist fellowship:

Insurance?
Other?
Call or visit an Anabaptist church and ask them. They'd be glad to talk to you.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

MaxPC wrote:For the Anabaptists who are currently in an active Anabaptist fellowship:
And here we go again.

Max, do you ever admit something you said was not true? Isn't that the real reason you avoid direct answers? I don't want to play the game your way, I care too much about truth. And if you want to take up this much bandwidth on our forum, of course the other frequent posters will participate in threads.

If these things are true, please provide evidence. If not, please stop playing these games.
Last edited by Bootstrap on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

For the Anabaptists who are currently in an active Anabaptist fellowship:

Insurance?
Other?

If there is no other input that is meeting these criteria then I'm closing the topic.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Insurance?
Other?
I really would appreciate it if they would not enable you by playing your game. This is how we institutionalize falsehood.

If you are telling the truth could you please provide the information asked for? If not, could you please correct what you said?
Last edited by Bootstrap on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Insurance?
Other?

If there is no other input that is meeting these criteria then I'm closing the topic.
You don't have the authority to close topics.
0 x