Anabaptist Communion

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: Anabaptist Communion

Post by RZehr »

I was wrong about the grape juice. I was informed that the grape juice used was Kirkland not Welch. :D
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

RZehr wrote:I was wrong about the grape juice. I was informed that the grape juice used was Kirkland not Welch. :D
:lol:
I like both :D

Query: if someone has a food allergy to wheat or grapes, what is done then?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

MaxPC wrote:
RZehr wrote:I was wrong about the grape juice. I was informed that the grape juice used was Kirkland not Welch. :D
:lol:
I like both :D

Query: if someone has a food allergy to wheat or grapes, what is done then?
I believe one of the deacons wife makes the bread. I'm supposing they could make an alternative for that person. I don't know that we ever had that problem. Don't know about the juice.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

My daughter skips the bread because she can't handle gluten but takes a sip of wine. Since we take communion in "remembrance of Me", it is not that significant if someone abstains from one or the other for personal reasons if the person is otherwise in union.

I believe Kirkland would be less expensive than Welch.
0 x
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

It crossed my mind that the juice tasted different from years ago, but I figured it was my imagination or maybe the cup. I do know it used to be Welch about 10 years ago, but for all I know its been Kirkland since then. :D
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

RZehr wrote:It crossed my mind that the juice tasted different from years ago, but I figured it was my imagination or maybe the cup. I do know it used to be Welch about 10 years ago, but for all I know its been Kirkland since then. :D
I grew up 20 miles from where R.T. Welch started his business in order to save good Methodists from drinking wine for communion. And it does taste different.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

RZehr wrote:It crossed my mind that the juice tasted different from years ago, but I figured it was my imagination or maybe the cup. I do know it used to be Welch about 10 years ago, but for all I know its been Kirkland since then. :D
RZehr: does the fellowship have a preference?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

MaxPC wrote:
RZehr: does the fellowship have a preference?
No.
0 x
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

Bootstrap wrote:
I grew up 20 miles from where R.T. Welch started his business in order to save good Methodists from drinking wine for communion. And it does taste different.
That is fascinating. I had no idea that was the history of Welch grape juice!
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Hats Off wrote:My daughter skips the bread because she can't handle gluten but takes a sip of wine. Since we take communion in "remembrance of Me", it is not that significant if someone abstains from one or the other for personal reasons if the person is otherwise in union.

I believe Kirkland would be less expensive than Welch.
I'm sorry your daughter has gluten sensitivities, Hats Off. She must be on a constant vigil to avoid it.

Whenever we pass a Costco we stop and get quantity items like TP and oatmeal. We like the Kirklands too and can't tell any significant difference between that and Welch's except for the price: Welch's is more expensive than the Costco brand.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)