Joy

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Joy

Post by Josh »

Tonight I am rejoicing even tho I needed to stay at work late and will be very late to church tonight. We have 7 converts telling their testimonies including 4 of non Mennonite background and they will be baptised if the congregation accepts them in a few weeks.

I am also filled with joy as my best friend is being baptised on Easter and will be a full fledged member alongside the same fellowships as a few of my dear friends here. I never thought that day would come so soon!

Please pray for me to stay strong and stay on my own journey towards membership and baptism. I don't think I'll have a real chance until next February and sometimes the long long waiting hurts. And sometimes I really doubt my own salvation esp around people who don't think I can be saved without full immersion baptism - I am trying to stay focus on the joy Jesus wants me to have for other new believers instead of wallowing in self pity.
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Re: Joy

Post by silentreader »

Josh wrote:Tonight I am rejoicing even tho I needed to stay at work late and will be very late to church tonight. We have 7 converts telling their testimonies including 4 of non Mennonite background and they will be baptised if the congregation accepts them in a few weeks.

I am also filled with joy as my best friend is being baptised on Easter and will be a full fledged member alongside the same fellowships as a few of my dear friends here. I never thought that day would come so soon!

Please pray for me to stay strong and stay on my own journey towards membership and baptism. I don't think I'll have a real chance until next February and sometimes the long long waiting hurts. And sometimes I really doubt my own salvation esp around people who don't think I can be saved without full immersion baptism - I am trying to stay focus on the joy Jesus wants me to have for other new believers instead of wallowing in self pity.
I'm nosy, and it's none of my business, but I'm curious why the long wait. PM me if you wish, if not, no problem.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Sudsy
Affiliation: .

Post by Sudsy »

Josh wrote:Tonight I am rejoicing even tho I needed to stay at work late and will be very late to church tonight. We have 7 converts telling their testimonies including 4 of non Mennonite background and they will be baptised if the congregation accepts them in a few weeks.

Wonderful news Josh and there is also rejoicing going on around the throne of God. [bible]Luke 15,10[/bible]

The sad news, to me, is the delay in water baptism which is not the pattern of the early church according to the NT scriptures. Imo, one of those areas man tries to 'one up' on what the scriptures indicate is the pattern.

Joy, itself, is a great topic as this is the life Jesus desires for His children - unspeakable joy. If we were all living more in that unspeakable joy, what a testimony that would be to the world. I need more of that kind of joy that will show to the world that a close relationship with God is not one of giving up stuff (those things the world thinks brings happiness) but rather a life of abundance in Christ, a Kingdom way of life, of right living, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Again, great news. I would love to hear their testimonies.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
TeleBodyofChrist
Affiliation: Christian

Post by TeleBodyofChrist »

I am happy for you Josh and thanks. Joy is contagious! :D
0 x
Let’s read the whole bible together in 30 days!
If interested you can view my profile and go to my website.

2 Tim. 3:16-17
Josh

Post by Josh »

silentreader wrote:I'm nosy, and it's none of my business, but I'm curious why the long wait. PM me if you wish, if not, no problem.
I should have left that last part out, I did not intend to make a Josh pity party thread. I will PM you nonetheless.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Praying with you for continued rejoicing and joy in your life. 8-)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Josh wrote:
silentreader wrote:I'm nosy, and it's none of my business, but I'm curious why the long wait. PM me if you wish, if not, no problem.
I should have left that last part out, I did not intend to make a Josh pity party thread. I will PM you nonetheless.
One of the better parts of fellowship and a forum like this is the opportunity to share our disappointments and joys. If we are discouraged it is good to be able to share and that does not have to make it a pity party.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Sudsy wrote: The sad news, to me, is the delay in water baptism which is not the pattern of the early church according to the NT scriptures. Imo, one of those areas man tries to 'one up' on what the scriptures indicate is the pattern.
My wife and I continue to work with "Covered One" from MD and that is her constant lament "Give me my membership. Why is baptism withheld from me? It's causing me so much distress." She rightly refers to writings in the book of Acts where many people were baptised immediately upon their confession. What can I say?
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Hats Off wrote: My wife and I continue to work with "Covered One" from MD and that is her constant lament "Give me my membership. Why is baptism withheld from me? It's causing me so much distress." She rightly refers to writings in the book of Acts where many people were baptised immediately upon their confession. What can I say?
so glad to know you are in communication with C One. i continue to think of her and pray for her. i had faith some were ministering to her, but had no details. please give her my best. :)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh

Post by Josh »

temporal1 wrote:
Hats Off wrote: My wife and I continue to work with "Covered One" from MD and that is her constant lament "Give me my membership. Why is baptism withheld from me? It's causing me so much distress." She rightly refers to writings in the book of Acts where many people were baptised immediately upon their confession. What can I say?
so glad to know you are in communication with C One. i continue to think of her and pray for her. i had faith some were ministering to her, but had no details. please give her my best. :)
If you would like to communicate with her, I'd be glad to share contact info.
0 x