Who's Who

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Who's Who

Post by MaxPC »

lesterb wrote:Mennonite Publishing House (I think) published a book called Who's Who in the Mennonite Church. I saw it in Byard Shank's library after he died and they were sorting through the books. But it was more contemporary than what Max seems after in this thread. I did find Menno J Brunk listed in there, and he was an instructor of mine in Messiah Bible School. That book would have to be about 60 years old by now.

Speaking of libraries, I wonder what happened to Byard's? Jon Dee married Byard's daughter, Pat. Maybe he would know. I would have given a lot to get my hands on that library.
Contemporary is fine too, Lester. I'm leaving the timeline flexible because you all have first hand knowledge and experience.

I feel the same way about books too. I'm happy to spend time in a friend's library as well as my own. So many books, too short of a day. :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Re: Who's Who

Post by Heirbyadoption »

Josh wrote:
RZehr wrote:
MaxPC wrote:RZehr, for the "past" part of the query are there personages that you feel have helped to influence your church? Menno Simons certainly laid the foundation; are there others?

:up:
First one that comes to mind is Daniel Kaufman. I think his book Doctines of the Bible have influenced many preachers in my circle, who have in turn influenced our churches.

Edited to add:
I just noticed that Daniel Kaufman was mentioned on the Philosophical and Theological differences thread. :)
Of note is the influences on Kauffman.

Also of note is how groups who avoided Kauffmanism fared. They have clasped to nonresistance and the "ordinances" better.
Josh, could you expand on this? A separate thread would probably be simpler.

And Max, I apologize. I just haven't been on here much lately, just the busyness of life and kids and some work projects and various other random excuses. Will try to answer your question in a bit.
0 x