Eastern Mennonite’s Liberty Ridge Farm

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
JayP
Affiliation: NA

Re: Eastern Mennonite’s Liberty Ridge Farm

Post by JayP »

So I will follow up. Even if the lawsuits were dropped doesn’t there have to be something on file and accessible via FOIA ?

It just so bothers me that things are kept under wraps. Within the church business is one thing, but this event borders legally on being kidnapping sufficiently that something official should exist.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

JayP wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:30 am So I will follow up. Even if the lawsuits were dropped doesn’t there have to be something on file and accessible via FOIA ?

It just so bothers me that things are kept under wraps. Within the church business is one thing, but this event borders legally on being kidnapping sufficiently that something official should exist.
Looks like this is where one could start with a RTK request.

https://www.openrecords.pa.gov/RTKL/HowToFile.cfm
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

JayP wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:30 am So I will follow up. Even if the lawsuits were dropped doesn’t there have to be something on file and accessible via FOIA ?

Most of the case documents are public.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

If there's an out of court settlement (which there appears to be), no, there won't be anything public at all. The only people who know what happened would be the plaintiffs and defendants, who may have agreed with each other not to disclose anything to third parties, as is their right.
0 x