"Chrislam": Anabaptist View

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: "Chrislam": Anabaptist View

Post by Bootstrap »

Another one of these claims:

POPE FRANCIS AND RICK WARREN TO UNITE FOR GLOBAL CHRISLAM CONFERENCE
But beyond it’s stated purpose, the real reason for the global confab is to continue Pope Francis’ work of merging all religions into the One World Religion mentioned in the book of Revelation. Any excuse for a get together is fine, so long as all religions agree to lay down before the Vatican and get in line behind the Pope.
You can't believe everything you read on the Internet?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Any other thoughts from Anabaptists?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Max, I'm having a really hard time finding a group in America that is proclaiming Chrislam.

The sites I can find accuse Pope Francis, Glenn Beck, and Rick Warren of promoting Chrislam - do you agree with those sites? If not, is there a specific teacher or teaching that you are referring to here? Is this a term someone invented to accuse others, or a term that someone is using to describe themselves?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

If you're referring to Ifeoluwa or Oke-Tude, both are clearly in opposition to biblical Christianity.

However it appears that "Chrislam" is being used to slander the efforts of various people who are attempting to befriend and develop relationships with Muslims.

I dislike using words that do not have a generally accepted definition, as such use tends to lead to confusion and misunderstandings. We have plenty of precise words available to use, let's use them!
0 x
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

I have heard it used before, though probably not as a self-descriptive term (by the person using it). As I have heard it, it refers to the belief system that holds that a person can be a "Christian Muslim", accepting Jesus as the Son of God, the Messiah of God, w/o rejecting other beliefs in Islam. In my opinion as a missiologist, it is as impossible as 'Christian Hindu", 'Christian Buddist", or any other "Christian" plus other-false-religion. "Messianic Jew", or "Christian Jew" is different because Judaism is not a false religion - only in so far as some of its adherents reject the Messiah prophesied by their own Scripture, in which case they are not true Jews, because they do not accept the testimony of their own God.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Sounds like another very minuscule "movement" that's been inflated by social media to the point that it looks like something more than it is.

In response to the OP, it's hogwash.
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do