Plain Catholics and Anabaptists

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Plain Catholics and Anabaptists

Post by Bootstrap »

MaxPC wrote:I'm wondering if David Platt and Francis Chan are considered Anabaptist? If not, what category or fellowship do they represent?
Would you consider yourself Anabaptist? How do you see the relationship between Anabaptism and your own approach to Christianity?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Plain Catholics and Anabaptists

Post by Bootstrap »

MaxPC wrote:Some time ago, the forum discussion brought forth the subject of how churches and fellowships evolve their theological practices over time, e.g. Menno Simons might not recognize or imagine some of the practices of modern Mennonites. I know that in Catholic World the modern Magisterium would be barely recognizable to the Catholic hierarchy of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance eras. In short, I define this process as an ecclesial evolutionary development that takes place.

In modern Catholic World we've seen a more collegial type of authority as well as de-emphasis on Papal authority, with the creation of due process procedures for keeping the Bible and Christ's teaching front and center.
Hi Max,

You start new threads to discuss other groups of Christians all the time, and invite us to introspect. Could you please provide straightforward answers to straightforward questions?

Most Mennonites and early Anabaptists broke off from the Catholic Church. You say you are a Plain Catholic, wearing clothing that identifies you with Anabaptists, and sometimes "casually drop" Deitsch into your posts. What exactly is your relationship to Mennonites / Anabaptists? Do you consider yourself part of this movement? If so, how, and how do you relate this to your Catholic face and loyalty to the Magisterium?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?