Beards - Given Unto Man

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Re: Beards - Given Unto Man

Post by Joy »

I discovered last week that the beard of one man in our church is actually tucked in, and, his wife told me, reaches down to his belt, I think she said. I can't tell, looking at him. Anyway, one of the other men cracked within his hearing, "That's how he has hair on his chest." :lol:
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Joy wrote:I discovered last week that the beard of one man in our church is actually tucked in, and, his wife told me, reaches down to his belt, I think she said. I can't tell, looking at him. Anyway, one of the other men cracked within his hearing, "That's how he has hair on his chest." :lol:
My brother sometimes tucks his longish beard in his shirt and plays games with children, showing how by stroking it he can make it grow longer.
0 x
twinpines
Affiliation:

Post by twinpines »

Just curious, what is someone to do that can't wear a beard for work reasons because for example they have to wear a special mask due to working with chemicals.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

twinpines wrote:Just curious, what is someone to do that can't wear a beard for work reasons because for example they have to wear a special mask due to working with chemicals.
Wear a smaller style?
0 x
Mountain Merle
Affiliation: Redneck Mennonite

Post by Mountain Merle »

I'm glad someone resurrected this thread; it's a subject I can wax eloquent on!
Here's an old blog post with my thoughts and background on the subject.
All clean shaven men beware of reading this unless you want to risk a conversion experience. :dance:

http://findmeontheroadlesstraveled.blog ... -chin.html
0 x
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

Mountain Merle wrote:I'm glad someone resurrected this thread; it's a subject I can wax eloquent on!
Here's an old blog post with my thoughts and background on the subject.
All clean shaven men beware of reading this unless you want to risk a conversion experience. :dance:

http://findmeontheroadlesstraveled.blog ... -chin.html
For those who object to beards, you can still your part to keep America beautiful - wear a mask.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

twinpines wrote:Just curious, what is someone to do that can't wear a beard for work reasons because for example they have to wear a special mask due to working with chemicals.
Back in the day, whenever I was a youngster, beards weren't allowed when attending firefighting school. Couldn't get an air pack mask to seal up. True story. I was there. You young bucks have no clue the struggles we had.... ;)
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

steve-in-kville wrote:
Back in the day, whenever I was a youngster, beards weren't allowed when attending firefighting school. Couldn't get an air pack mask to seal up. True story. I was there. You young bucks have no clue the struggles we had.... ;)
Is that why mustaches are popular in fire departments? :idea:
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

RZehr wrote:

Is that why mustaches are popular in fire departments? :idea:
Most likely. Oddly enough, many police departments didn't allow facial hair beyond a mustache. I see that being loosened up, though. And the service doesn't allow beards either. But special forces can.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!