Modest Clothing Directory

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Fidelio
Affiliation: ACCA Friend

Re: Modest Clothing Directory

Post by Fidelio »

Rdm wrote:Modest swimwear can be pretty pricey, but I've found that if you search for Muslim swimwear on amazon or ebay you can find stuff for pretty good prices. Especially for little girls. I've made several of my own swim dresses, but when I can buy something for less than the cost of the fabric, that's definitely the route I'm going to go for a little girl who's going to wear it out in one summer!

Here are some of the girl styles, and I think they have similar styles for adults.
I am not impressed. Some of those outfits are too tight, the dresses are too short and one has too low of a neckline (somewhat plunging V), and some of the head coverings almost look like the Moslems wear.
0 x
Convert to Anabaptist truth early 2019; now associated (friend) with the Apostolic Christian Church of America.
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Fidelio wrote:I am not impressed. Some of those outfits are too tight, the dresses are too short and have too low of necklines (somewhat plunging V), and some of the head coverings almost look like the Moslems wear.
We've bought from similar sites I think. We've found even if most of them aren't very close to what we are looking for usually we can find a couple that will work.
0 x
DarkShallNotPrevail
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by DarkShallNotPrevail »

Wade wrote:
Fidelio wrote:I am not impressed. Some of those outfits are too tight, the dresses are too short and have too low of necklines (somewhat plunging V), and some of the head coverings almost look like the Moslems wear.
We've bought from similar sites I think. We've found even if most of them aren't very close to what we are looking for usually we can find a couple that will work.
The nice thing about Muslim swimsuits is high quality swim skirts and leggings! It's hard otherwise to find ones with decent length. I'm glad they're more available online now.
0 x
The meaning of life is to find your gift.
The purpose of life is to give it away.
-w.s.
Fidelio
Affiliation: ACCA Friend

Post by Fidelio »

DarkShallNotPrevail wrote:
Wade wrote:
The nice thing about Muslim swimsuits is high quality swim skirts and leggings! It's hard otherwise to find ones with decent length. I'm glad they're more available online now.
I'd just not want a Christian lady to be mistaken for a Moslem.
0 x
Convert to Anabaptist truth early 2019; now associated (friend) with the Apostolic Christian Church of America.
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Fidelio wrote:
DarkShallNotPrevail wrote:
Wade wrote: We've bought from similar sites I think. We've found even if most of them aren't very close to what we are looking for usually we can find a couple that will work.
I'd just not want a Christian lady to be mistaken for a Moslem.
When my wife started wearing a covering people thought she was all kinds of things and certainly not Christian... I don't think it is going to get better anytime soon. Being faithfully obedient in following Christ is going to upset and confuse people. We got used to it.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Intentionally trying to look like a Muslim doesn’t make sense though.
0 x
AnthonyMartin
Affiliation: LMC

Post by AnthonyMartin »

Josh wrote:Intentionally trying to look like a Muslim doesn’t make sense though.
Intentionally trying to look like a plain Mennonite is just as worldly focused. At least it can be..
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

AnthonyMartin wrote:
Josh wrote:Intentionally trying to look like a Muslim doesn’t make sense though.
Intentionally trying to look like a plain Mennonite is just as worldly focused. At least it can be..
I just avoid wearing ungodly styles like skintight pants for men, and sometimes do so because of guidance from church. I hope that’s not “worldly focused”.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

AnthonyMartin wrote:
Lately, I've been trying to avoid looking like a mennonite :mrgreen:
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

steve-in-kville wrote:
AnthonyMartin wrote:
Lately, I've been trying to avoid looking like a mennonite :mrgreen:
That cuts both ways.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown