Conservative Anabaptists and Birth Control

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Aaron
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Conservative Anabaptists and Birth Control

Post by Aaron »

Joy wrote:Been in Flint, MI, only once, and that was to pick up an ex-con from a crack house for his father. In retrospect, it probably wasn't a smart thing to do. He had called and asked me to come for him; and that was after telling me previously that nobody wants to be in Flint. I guess my middle name should be Sucker. Live and learn.
Were there God's Angels camped round about you to protect you, lest you should (even) stub your toe or trip and fall?
"God is for us, who can be against us - what can man do ? "
"The NT Ekklesia had no fear of death - because they knew they had a better possession...."
In the Book of Hebrews, I think, the women had no fear , not even of a sudden (unexpected) fear.
(because they had true living faith, as described, in the Creator Almighty - not "part" mighty)

The "Christians" in the NT were not called "smart", were they ?
It 'Christian' was first used as a term of derision, meaning more like 'simpleton', 'idiot', 'dolt' .... because the true Christians believed in God who cannot be seen, and had faith in Him who was rejected by the world. They would tell the truth, even if it meant losing all they had and even their lives as martyrs. They did not draw back in doubt or fear, but were powerful in Truth, in Christ, in the Good News Gospel and their testimony and the blood of Christ made them overcomers.

"1 Corinthians 1:26 Brothers, consider the time of your ...
Search domain biblehub.com/1_corinthians/1-26.htmhttps://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/1-26.htm
Wisdom from God 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength. 26 Brothers, consider the time of your calling: Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were powerful; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to ..."
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

I wonder what effect the pandemic is having on family sizes? Might we see an increase of births in a few months with people being quarantined together? The opposite?

(Yes, I realize this thread is four years old 8-) )
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

steve-in-kville wrote:I wonder what effect the pandemic is having on family sizes? Might we see an increase of births in a few months with people being quarantined together? The opposite?

Holdemans sure had a lot of weddings in the last 3 months. It remains to be seen if there will be a “baby boom”.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

steve-in-kville wrote:I wonder what effect the pandemic is having on family sizes? Might we see an increase of births in a few months with people being quarantined together? The opposite?

I am hearing that in the general population, the reverse may well be true, the birthrate drops off in times of economic uncertainty.

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
steve-in-kville

I thought of this after I posted.... I wonder if the home birth/midwife end of it picked up? Mothers afraid of the hospital, perhaps?
Last edited by steve-in-kville on Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

steve-in-kville wrote:I thought of this after I posted.... I wonder if the home birth/midwife end of it pickled up? Mothers afraid of the hospital, perhaps?
Pickled or preserved?
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
silentreader

Post by silentreader »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:

I am hearing that in the general population, the reverse may well be true, the birthrate drops off in times of economic uncertainty.

J.M.
I wonder if this is intentional or systemic?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

steve-in-kville wrote:I thought of this after I posted.... I wonder if the home birth/midwife end of it pickled up? Mothers afraid of the hospital, perhaps?
Midwives are basically unavailable on the open market - you need to know somebody, or else be part of a church group exclusively served.
0 x
steve-in-kville

silentreader wrote: Pickled or preserved?
Between my squirrely auto-correct and sluggish web service, maybe I should stay off the 'puter for a while 8-)
0 x

silentreader

Post by silentreader »

steve-in-kville wrote:
silentreader wrote: Pickled or preserved?
Between my squirrely auto-correct and sluggish web service, maybe I should stay off the 'puter for a while 8-)
Where's the fun in that?
0 x