REACH 2017

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Jazman
Affiliation: Lanc Menno Conf

Re: REACH 2017

Post by Jazman »

I could try to describe what I'm wearing... but instead I'll put my face in my profile img for a few days. I'll be there most of the day, starting in the morning. Hope to see all of you and others as well. :)
0 x
A history that looks back to a mythologized past as the country’s perfect time is a key tool of authoritarians. It allows them to characterize anyone who opposes them as an enemy of the country’s great destiny. - Heather Cox Richardson
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:While short, black jacket here

J.M.
JM -- so nice to meet you and your wife. Also PeterG. Said hello to Ernie and Edsel briefly. Unfortunately I'm not there today, but make sure to check out the Lighthouse Publishing booth if you have any interest in literature to distribute in prisons.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

Faith Builders REACH 2017 photo album.

I appear on the photo of the men on the stage, about to speak to 1,000 people. How's that for stage fright. It was also probably the shortest public speech I have ever given. Less than 30 seconds. All 50 participating ministries were given 30-second time slots at general sessions to introduce themselves, their ministry, and share their most important needs.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

J.M.
you should stand out with white shorts and black jacket!
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I am sorry to say I will be missing you all there tonight. I hope everyone had a great time!
0 x
PeterG
Affiliation: Conserv. Mennonite

Post by PeterG »

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at REACH yesterday (as did the group of students that I was tagging along with). It was good to meet Mike, and I was glad to run into Ernie, Edsel, and JLapp.

REACH itself was most worthwhile. What stood out to me was the emphasis on serving others as Jesus did.
0 x
"It is a weird" —Ken
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Hats Off wrote:

J.M.
you should stand out with white shorts and black jacket!
Did he ever!

Just kidding.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

About 1800 people yesterday.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

PeterG wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed my time at REACH yesterday (as did the group of students that I was tagging along with). It was good to meet Mike, and I was glad to run into Ernie, Edsel, and JLapp.

REACH itself was most worthwhile. What stood out to me was the emphasis on serving others as Jesus did.
Met Jazzman for the first time. It was a privilege!
0 x
Jazman
Affiliation: Lanc Menno Conf

Post by Jazman »

Thoroughly enjoyed the day. Wish I could have met more of you, but did have some good conversation with EdselB and Ernie and other acquaintances and some colleagues that I work with at PaulB's as well! (and didn't know I would be at REACH) I appreciated the theme of spreading and living the holistic Gospel of Christ that seemed to permeate the ministry focus sessions and break-out sessions.
I really, really enjoyed Leroy Hershberger's "story-time" and I put it in quotes because it was much more than just a story. For me it encapsulated the gaping difference between conservative/OO Anabaptists and american protestanism or american culture for that matter. Most christians I know would take that money without a thought of refusing. I'm not sure I could refuse either, but it was a good question to ponder.
0 x
A history that looks back to a mythologized past as the country’s perfect time is a key tool of authoritarians. It allows them to characterize anyone who opposes them as an enemy of the country’s great destiny. - Heather Cox Richardson