REACH 2017

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: REACH 2017

Post by ohio jones »

mike wrote:
ohio jones wrote:
Josh wrote:I wish either this or Rosedale's REACH would consider a name change.
We were using the name first. The newcomers should be the ones to change, YES?
;)
Should have known the liberal Mennos would beat us to all the cool acronyms... :evil:
T1, er, t1, pretty sure he got it the first time around.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

ohio jones wrote:
mike wrote:
ohio jones wrote: We were using the name first. The newcomers should be the ones to change, YES?
;)
Should have known the liberal Mennos would beat us to all the cool acronyms... :evil:
T1, er, t1, pretty sure he got it the first time around.
it always takes me several attempts. :lol:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Interestingly enough, in my corner of moderate-conservative Mennonitism I run into more people talking about the Rosedale REACH than the Faith Builders REACH.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Ernie wrote:
ohio jones wrote:
Josh wrote:I wish either this or Rosedale's REACH would consider a name change.
We were using the name first. The newcomers should be the ones to change, YES?
;)
Yes, if CMC doesn't like that we are using this name. I figure they could care less but I may be wrong.
I think it's somewhat like the argument between Domino Sugar and Domino's Pizza. The court decided that while they are both food products, consumers are unlikely to get them confused, so a name change was not required.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

appleman2006 wrote:And now that I have looked at the program I may have to try and find a way to get there.
There is still plenty of room for more people to register.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

When I first saw the lineup, I said "This is phenomenal, I have got to go!" But it is in tax season :cry: I may still make the drive.
0 x
Jazman
Affiliation: Lanc Menno Conf

Post by Jazman »

Ernie wrote:
appleman2006 wrote:And now that I have looked at the program I may have to try and find a way to get there.
I have and plan to be there all day Friday. Looking forward to it! (and maybe seeing some of you)
0 x
A history that looks back to a mythologized past as the country’s perfect time is a key tool of authoritarians. It allows them to characterize anyone who opposes them as an enemy of the country’s great destiny. - Heather Cox Richardson
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Post by joshuabgood »

Can you register/pay at the door?
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

joshuabgood wrote:Can you register/pay at the door?
I think so as long as it is not full.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

Jazman wrote:
Ernie wrote:
I have and plan to be there all day Friday. Looking forward to it! (and maybe seeing some of you)
I plan to be there Thursday for most/all of the day. I also have to be at ministry orientation events on Wednesday, so probably won't be there on Friday.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3