Conservative Anabaptist Church Finder & Information

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Conservative Anabaptist Church Finder & Information

Post by Josh »

West is a bit dry. I’d go to Grandview or Osceola if I was there.
1 x
Haystack
Affiliation: Christian

Post by Haystack »

Does anyone know anything about Followers of Christ Fellowship in Red Bluff, CA? Pilgrim has them listed as "Unaffiliated", as opposed to "Unafilliated Mennonite Congregations" for other congregations on the church finder.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I think they are a church plant from Squaw Valley.
0 x
francis
Affiliation:

Post by francis »

Is anybody familiar with the Disciples' Fellowship in Westfield Massachusetts? I've seen them before when I was in western MA and assumed they were the church from Russell, but they seem to be their own group. Their website lists John H Yoder's 1977 Confession of Faith which I've never seen on a church website before.
Here is their website: http://www.disciples-fellowship.org
Edit = me trying to format the URL
1 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Yes, I know some people there.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

francis wrote:Is anybody familiar with the Disciples' Fellowship in Westfield Massachusetts? I've seen them before when I was in western MA and assumed they were the church from Russell, but they seem to be their own group. Their website lists John H Yoder's 1977 Confession of Faith which I've never seen on a church website before.
Here is their website: http://www.disciples-fellowship.org
Edit = me trying to format the URL
What you are seeing as John Yoder's confession of faith is actually the Schleitheim Confession, largely written by Michael Sattler. Yoder is the translator.

This does not appear on my database, and their placement of the Didache as an authoritative document tends to make me think these are an "Ancient Church" group, likely influenced by some of David Bercot's work.

Ernie can more accurately place them. I am taking my best guess based on experiences I have had. Personally I don't have much use, except historical, for second century writings. By that point, apostasy and false doctrine was rampant.

J.M.
1 x
:hug:
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:This does not appear on my database, and their placement of the Didache as an authoritative document tends to make me think these are an "Ancient Church" group, likely influenced by some of David Bercot's work.

Ernie can more accurately place them.
Two years ago they separated from a Nationwide Fellowship church. Now they are more or less aligned with Followers of the Way in Boston.
2 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Gelassenheit
Affiliation:

Post by Gelassenheit »

I live near Tuscaloosa, AL. The nearest Mennonite/Anabaptist church is around 70 miles from where I live. I am currently unable to attend worship on Sundays or Wednesdays (due to other obligations). I would love to meet with individuals from Anabaptist background for bible study/small group discussions if possible. Do you have any suggestions?
1 x
Hebrews 10:24 and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds..
Judas Maccabeus

Gelassenheit wrote:I live near Tuscaloosa, AL. The nearest Mennonite/Anabaptist church is around 70 miles from where I live. I am currently unable to attend worship on Sundays or Wednesdays (due to other obligations). I would love to meet with individuals from Anabaptist background for bible study/small group discussions if possible. Do you have any suggestions?
My suggestion is to manage to get to one of those churches (There seem to be two, one BMA, one unaffiliated) on a Sunday, and ask. People who are on the ground there will know far more than us north easterners.

Are you driving all the way to Mississippi?

J.M.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus

Ernie wrote:
Judas Maccabeus wrote:This does not appear on my database, and their placement of the Didache as an authoritative document tends to make me think these are an "Ancient Church" group, likely influenced by some of David Bercot's work.

Ernie can more accurately place them.
Two years ago they separated from a Nationwide Fellowship church. Now they are more or less aligned with Followers of the Way in Boston.
That would make sense.

J.M.
0 x