Conservative Anabaptist Church Finder & Information

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Conservative Anabaptist Church Finder & Information

Post by Ernie »

This is a thread for people who are looking for a Conservative Anabaptist church or something similar that does not allow for divorce and remarriage and that practices separation from the world, nonresistance, modest dress, head-covering for women, etc.

"More information about conservative Anabaptist church locations can be obtained at www.pilgrimministry.org or www.beachyam.org.

Conservative Anabaptists (and other churches that have a strong two kingdom theology), vary a lot in their practice and vary a lot in how they relate to people inside the church and outside the church.
The only way to really know what people are like is to visit a church and get to know them.
This website gives some details for what you might expect at an Intermediate Conservative Mennonite church.
Josh and Judas and some of the other conservative Anabaptists on MennoNet can help you process what you are experiencing and sensing as you visit a church and they can give you some good advice.
I'm often available via Private Message if there is a specific question that you have for me.

If you are interested in learning more about the common values of Old Order and Conservative Anabaptists you will likely want to read this article.

For an overview of the different Anabaptist groups and some thoughts on choosing a church with which to fellowship, An Overview of the Plain People will give you lots of information.

If you want to become familiar with the names of Conservative Anabaptist conferences and fellowships and who affiliates with who, you can visit this page. The numbers are out of date but perhaps someone will want to take the time to update them at some point.

Ever since the Anabaptist movement began in 1525, it has been difficult for Anabaptists to stay separate from the world while retaining the vision and values of the early Anabaptists.
This chart shows what happened in North America as various groups have tried to avoid assimilating into the surrounding host culture.

I request that only those who identify as Conservative Anabaptists and only those with a good attitude, would make comments or provide information in this thread.

Anyone is welcome to ask questions!
Last edited by justme on Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: update contact info per request of ernie
2 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Conservative Anabaptist Church Finder & Information

Post by MaxPC »

Thank you for your efforts, Ernie. You are appreciated :clap:
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Heading to San Antonio Texas this weekend. Anyone have a church they'd recommend to visit on Sunday? I don't mind driving a few hours.
2 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

RZehr wrote:Heading to San Antonio Texas this weekend. Anyone have a church they'd recommend to visit on Sunday? I don't mind driving a few hours.
Contact Barbara Brooks. She is part of a small home based fellowship there. If you don't have her info, PM me your email and phone number and I will pass it along to her and vice versa.

There is a church in Osceola TX, Lott TX, and Bastrop TX. I met the people from Lott in Australia. They are progressive Beachys.
1 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Josh wrote:
RZehr wrote:Heading to San Antonio Texas this weekend. Anyone have a church they'd recommend to visit on Sunday? I don't mind driving a few hours.
Contact Barbara Brooks. She is part of a small home based fellowship there. If you don't have her info, PM me your email and phone number and I will pass it along to her and vice versa.

There is a church in Osceola TX, Lott TX, and Bastrop TX. I met the people from Lott in Australia. They are progressive Beachys.
1 hour 14 minutes! Fastest church locator this side of Zurich.

J.M.
2 x
:hug:
Bill Rushby
Affiliation: Conservative Quaker

Post by Bill Rushby »

I couldn't find any listing for the Petitioners (Old Order German Baptist Brethren). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Order ... t_Brethren

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2 ... ation.html
1 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Bill Rushby wrote:I couldn't find any listing for the Petitioners (Old Order German Baptist Brethren). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Order ... t_Brethren

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2 ... ation.html
I believe they don't use Internet, so don't go to much effort for being in Internet listings.
1 x
Bill Rushby
Affiliation: Conservative Quaker

Post by Bill Rushby »

Hello, Josh! I was referring specifically to Ernie's listing of conservative Anabaptist groups. Several of these do not sanction internet involvement. That wouldn't explain why the Petitioners were omitted.
1 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Bill Rushby wrote:Hello, Josh! I was referring specifically to Ernie's listing of conservative Anabaptist groups. Several of these do not sanction internet involvement. That wouldn't explain why the Petitioners were omitted.
Bill:

That database is keyed on location, not by groups. It is not designed to do what you are asking. Be that as it may, I will take a go at it tonight. Any specific location in mind as that makes it easier.

J.m
1 x
:hug:
Josh

Post by Josh »

Anderson's database definitely knows about Petitioners.

A good person to ask for more info. would be Nicholas Ray Whithers, he is part of the N.C. congregation near Pendleton, Ind.
2 x