Conservative Anabaptist Church Finder & Information

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Re: Conservative Anabaptist Church Finder & Information

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

ohio jones wrote:
Judas Maccabeus wrote:Sorry folks, I am currently in Sweden away from my computer.
No problem, we have you covered there too.
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1089&p=50883#p51144 :)
(But I see you've already posted in that thread)
And speak neither Swedish nor Serbio-Croation.

J.M.

BTW. The trains here are nice, except the Oslo-Stockholm run where they use really old coaches and managed to get in three hours late. Got our 50% refund.
0 x
:hug:
SusanAnn
Affiliation:

Post by SusanAnn »

I was a member here a while back , and asked about UK Anabaptist churches, when I found out there were none I stopped coming here as it seemed as a British Quaker I wouldn't have much to contribute - I did though make a lovely friend here so I am grateful for that. Today for some reason this site came to mind and I updated my password and came back to look around again, so just in case things might have changed I'm asking again are there any Anabaptist churches in the UK?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

SusanAnn wrote:I was a member here a while back , and asked about UK Anabaptist churches, when I found out there were none I stopped coming here as it seemed as a British Quaker I wouldn't have much to contribute - I did though make a lovely friend here so I am grateful for that. Today for some reason this site came to mind and I updated my password and came back to look around again, so just in case things might have changed I'm asking again are there any Anabaptist churches in the UK?
My church has a small mission northwest of London. Some other Mennonites have a small church on Shropshire.
0 x
SusanAnn
Affiliation:

Post by SusanAnn »

Thank you Josh. Sadly Shropshire is well over 200 miles away from me, London about 120 miles away. If you know England I live in Norfolk, we don't have very good transport links to the rest of the country but I can sometimes get to visit London, does the the mission have an address?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

SusanAnn wrote:Thank you Josh. Sadly Shropshire is well over 200 miles away from me, London about 120 miles away. If you know England I live in Norfolk, we don't have very good transport links to the rest of the country but I can sometimes get to visit London, does the the mission have an address?
It's just a couple that lives in a small flat, but I can get you in touch with them. They'd be happy to have visitors at various times. Most their work ends up being with immigrants in the local community, along with a former member or two of our church from other countries who have wound up in the U.K.
0 x
SusanAnn
Affiliation:

Post by SusanAnn »

Thanks Josh, I may message you in a couple of months time, at the moment the Coronavirus means I'm not travelling outside of local areas.
0 x
daigi212
Affiliation:

Post by daigi212 »

I spoke to an old friend of mine that moved out to Jasper, Alberta. Are there any conservative Anabaptist fellowships near there?
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

daigi212 wrote:I spoke to an old friend of mine that moved out to Jasper, Alberta. Are there any conservative Anabaptist fellowships near there?
Not really. Closest is a Nationwide church, but that is across the border in BC.

McBride Mennonite Church
3155 Mountain View Rd.
McBride, BC
Zip: V0J

If I can be of any more help, let me know.

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
daigi212
Affiliation:

Post by daigi212 »

I was mistaken. He is actually living in Lethbridge, Alberta.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

There is a church in Raymond, Albert just 29 minutes away. It is part of the Western Conservative Mennonite Fellowship. I know there is at least another church around, but not sure exactly where.
0 x