Pilgrim Conf. vs Northeastern Conf.

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Re: Pilgrim Conf. vs Northeastern Conf.

Post by ken_sylvania »

Martin wrote: EPMC, Hope, Pilgrim, and Northeast are in the same bucket to me. Aren't all these groups Zionist?
Do you have any dividers in your bucket? :lol:
0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

ken_sylvania wrote:I think mostly administrative, although my feeling is that Northeast is holding a bit of a tighter line regarding non-conformity in attire compared with Pilgrim. Northeast would probably fit somewhere between Pilgrim and Eastern on the "escalator." The Northeast congregation in our area includes a decent number of immigrants from Eastern attending.
One of the strong administrative issues had to do with missions. Ebersole favored allowing variation in practice between the mission field and the home churches, ie. allowing mission workers to wear the hanging veil, etc. Northeastern felt the same standards should apply to everyone. Northeastern's administrative structure would be more centralized (Conference-style) rather than so much congregational government.
0 x
Martin
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Martin »

ken_sylvania wrote:
Martin wrote: EPMC, Hope, Pilgrim, and Northeast are in the same bucket to me. Aren't all these groups Zionist?
Not really. I have good friends in all these conferences.
0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Martin wrote: Not really. I have good friends in all these conferences.
Same here! What I was hinting at was that I think there is a lot more that defines a church than just its stance on Zionism. I got the feeling like you were saying EPMC, Hope, Pilgrim, and Northeastern are all about the same because they are all Zionist. I don't personally see that Zionism makes a lot of difference in the basic operation of a church. Feel free to enlighten me.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

So far, I have a non-Zionist bucket with one person in it.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Does Northeastern avoid having youth groups?
0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Josh wrote:What's Northeastern's periodical?
The Messenger - Editor is David Steinhauer, Jr.
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

ken_sylvania wrote:
According to the definition of Zionist in the Zionism thread then Martins generalization isn't really true. Premillennialist yes but not Zionists.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

If anyone has a copy of the Messenger, could you scan and post the schedule page from it (or send it to me)?

Thanks
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

lesterb wrote:
ken_sylvania wrote:
According to the definition of Zionist in the Zionism thread then Martins generalization isn't really true. Premillennialist yes but not Zionists.
I heard Steve Ebersole say during a sermon that he unsubscribed from a magazine because it wasn't Zionist enough.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3