Apostolic Christian Church

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Re: Best Resources for the Practice of Head-covering

Post by Heirbyadoption »

Karstan78 wrote:http://www.accn-toronto.org/more/the-headcovering

We just refer people to this site.
Just a brief aside, not wanting to bunny trail from resources. Do any ACCs veil full time, and do all ACCs veil during worship/prayer?
0 x
Karstan78
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Karstan78 »

Heirbyadoption wrote:
Karstan78 wrote:http://www.accn-toronto.org/more/the-headcovering

We just refer people to this site.
Just a brief aside, not wanting to bunny trail from resources. Do any ACCs veil full time, and do all ACCs veil during worship/prayer?
In Europe 90% will cover full time including a large percentage that wear theirs to sleep. In Nazarean North American churches that have a strong/recent European background women will cover full time. ACCA mostly will cover full time. In modernised North American churches it’s usually during church events and services. In Australia they are basically like Europe and most cover full time.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Apostolic Christian Church

Post by Josh »

I visit ACC congregations from time to time, and it’s quite striking how much they are following in the path of groups like Lancaster Conference, CMC, or MC USA.

My area (Ohio) is generally regarded as the most conservative. In the last 12 months, most congregations have dropped the veiling, although older sisters continue to practice it. Pianos have shown up in the sanctuary and accompany what used to be 4 part singing.

Theologically, they have almost completed a shift towards mainstream evangelical thinking. Notable influences I have observed include John Piper.

As far as the experience for visitors, the congregations continue to be warm and welcoming - perhaps a little more so than in the past (but I have never found a cold ACC congregation anywhere).
0 x
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Re: Apostolic Christian Church

Post by KingdomBuilder »

I've seen videos of ACC singers and the women had viels that looked like little band-aids on the back of their head.. :lol:
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

KingdomBuilder wrote:I've seen videos of ACC singers and the women had viels that looked like little band-aids on the back of their head.. :lol:
Yes that’s their style, although lately I only see older sisters wearing it.

The ACC Nazareans who are still conservative are starting to worry a lot about their ACC brethren.
0 x
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Josh wrote:Yes that’s their style, although lately I only see older sisters wearing it.

The ACC Nazareans who are still conservative are starting to worry a lot about their ACC brethren.
Am I wrong in thinking that they only "cover" during services? If yes, I really cannot understand the resentment towards them. Tiny little hair-colored bandaids on the back of the head during service only doesn't convey much respect for the passages on covering, and it sure doesn't seem convincing that they're convicted on it.
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
Karstan78

Post by Karstan78 »

The ACCN churches in North America are questionable regarding the fraternisation between the “East” (EC) and “West” (WC) conferences. When I was growing up the two sides weren’t in communion and visits rarely occurred. These days it’s a shame to see some churches are allowing mixed seating, jewellery and headbands/2x4’s to suffice as a covering due to the influences of the (WC) and other secular Christian denominations.

Josh is correct that many of the more conservative churches are concerned and will not visit these liberal churches, unless it’s a special occasion ie weddings. There is growing resentment against those conservative in faith and daily life. Women who want to cover or wear modest clothing full time are derided and men are accused of being “women haters”. Of course again this only applies to the North American body. The churches in the rest of the world are in unity and the elder body collectively work together.

Since the ACCA churches split a few years ago the divide between the Nazarean side and ACCA side cannot be resolved unless they repent of certain doctrine practices which are completely against the original faith’s teaching. The Nazareans and the ACFC can continue in unity.
0 x
plain
Affiliation:

Post by plain »

Karstan78 wrote:In Europe 90% will cover full time
Is there a list of those chuches somewhere?
Karstan78 wrote:including a large percentage that wear theirs to sleep.
Didn't know it is so.
0 x
Karstan78

Post by Karstan78 »

plain wrote:
Karstan78 wrote:In Europe 90% will cover full time
Is there a list of those chuches somewhere?
Karstan78 wrote:including a large percentage that wear theirs to sleep.
Didn't know it is so.
All the churches in Ukraine, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia cover full time. With most female members in Hungary, Germany, Sweden and Austria covering full time as well. As a rule we don’t greet female members without a covering, nor do we greet male members whose heads are covered.

Are you familiar with the Nazareans?
0 x
plain
Affiliation:

Post by plain »

Karstan78 wrote:All the churches in Ukraine, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia cover full time. With most female members in Hungary, Germany, Sweden and Austria covering full time as well. As a rule we don’t greet female members without a covering, nor do we greet male members whose heads are covered.

Are you familiar with the Nazareans?
Have just begun read about Nazareans. And didn't know Nazareans have churches in so many countries.
0 x