Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Re: Progressive Conservative Mennonite Churches

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Ernie wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:01 pm
Judas Maccabeus wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:25 pm
Ernie wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:28 am
Isn't that what I said?
You refer to PSA as a "fabricated" doctrine. If you are referring to the substituteionary aspects of the atonement, I would see them as completely Biblical. By His death and resurrection from the dead, Christ accomplished the full justification of those who believe in Him. Is this what you have an issue with?
I said that I am fine with a sacrificial view and am ok with some of the substitutionary view.

The fabricated part is when someone says that "God is a just God and cannot allow sin in his presence. He needs to punish sin. So since we couldn't stand in his presence, there needed to be someone to take our punishment. So God took out his wrath on Jesus as the consequences of sin."
As one German Baptist preacher once preached...
"Who killed Jesus?
Was it the Jews?
No, it was not the Jews.
Was it the Romans?
No, it was not the Romans?
Who was it?
IT WAS GOD WHO KILLED JESUS!"
That could only come from a suboridanationist view of the Trinity. No one killed Jesus, He laid down His life willingly.

Wherever did you hear that stuff. Only place I have heard anything like that was in highly reformed circles.
1 x
:hug:
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:21 amWherever did you hear that stuff. Only place I have heard anything like that was in highly reformed circles.
It was said by a minister from the west coast.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Ernie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:05 am
Judas Maccabeus wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:21 amWherever did you hear that stuff. Only place I have heard anything like that was in highly reformed circles.
It was said by a minister from the west coast.
OGBB?
0 x
:hug: