Apostolic Christian Church

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Apostolic Christian Church

Post by MaxPC »

I'm learning a little more about the Apostolic Christian Church. Are they considered Anabaptist?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Karstan78
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Apostolic Christian Church

Post by Karstan78 »

I believe they are called “neo Anabaptists” however, Anabaptist would be a foreign term to the majority.
0 x
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Post by Heirbyadoption »

If anybody is interested, their founder (Samuel Frohlich) was influenced by the Anabaptist, at least, and his writings are available for download online.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Heirbyadoption wrote:If anybody is interested, their founder (Samuel Frohlich) was influenced by the Anabaptist, at least, and his writings are available for download online.
Thank you.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Conservative Anabaptist Church Finder & Information

Post by Josh »

Athens has (or had) a large amount of Apostolic Christian Church and/or Apostolic Nazarean background people. My understanding is the people there are going through a transition.
0 x
Swiss Bro
Affiliation: ETG

Post by Swiss Bro »

Josh wrote:Athens has (or had) a large amount of Apostolic Christian Church and/or Apostolic Nazarean background people. My understanding is the people there are going through a transition.
Josh, I assume that you are talking about the ACCA congregation in Athens, Alabama (and not Wisconsin). It is the only remaining of formerly four ACCA congregations in Alabama that were planted between 1940 and 1970. The other three congregations left ACCA in 1980.

http://www.athensacchurch.org

The only ACCA congregation located in Wisconsin is in Mauston, which is not anywhere near Dorchester.

http://www.apostolicchristian.org/mauston
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Swiss Bro wrote:
Josh wrote:Athens has (or had) a large amount of Apostolic Christian Church and/or Apostolic Nazarean background people. My understanding is the people there are going through a transition.
Josh, I assume that you are talking about the ACCA congregation in Athens, Alabama (and not Wisconsin). It is the only remaining of formerly four ACCA congregations in Alabama that were planted between 1940 and 1970. The other three congregations left ACCA in 1980.

The only ACCA congregation located in Wisconsin is in Mauston, which is not anywhere near Dorchester.

I’m talking about Athens, Wisconsin. The group identified as a Charity-type group but had a lot of AC and Nazarean background people.

I used to work for a Nazarean background who spent 5 years in that group.
0 x
twinpines
Affiliation:

Post by twinpines »

Josh wrote:
Swiss Bro wrote:

I’m talking about Athens, Wisconsin. The group identified as a Charity-type group but had a lot of AC and Nazarean background people.

I used to work for a Nazarean background who spent 5 years in that group.
There must be a second charity like church in the area as the Dorchester church is all of Mennonite background. Lee Rufener probably is in the other group.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Rufener is an Apostolic name. I happen to know one of his brothers, and his other brother occasionally attends my home church (and oddly enough works for the business my great uncle is the President emeritus of).

The AC background people like to sing from Zion’s Harp.
0 x
Swiss Bro
Affiliation: ETG

Post by Swiss Bro »

Thanks for clarifying, Josh. Klopfenstein mentions no ACCA congregations anywhere near Athens, WI in the book Marching to Zion. Perhaps there was a Nazarean congregation once but I have never come across a mention of an ACCN congregation in the region neither. Or it was simply ACC(N) background folks moving up there and for want of an ACC(N) congregation they joined the charity type congregation? Perhaps you can ask the Rufener brother :?
0 x