Apostolic Christian Church

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Apostolic Christian Church

Post by MaxPC »

Thank you, SB. That gives me a good idea of their practice. Are there any ACC politicians? Or do they avoid involvement in politics?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Swiss Bro
Affiliation: ETG

Post by Swiss Bro »

MaxPC wrote:Thank you, SB. That gives me a good idea of their practice. Are there any ACC politicians? Or do they avoid involvement in politics?
To be honest I do not know exactly how it is handled in the different denominations. Perhaps our ACCA friend Fidelio can advise.
0 x
Fidelio
Affiliation: ACCA Friend

Post by Fidelio »

Swiss Bro wrote:
MaxPC wrote:Thank you, SB. That gives me a good idea of their practice. Are there any ACC politicians? Or do they avoid involvement in politics?
To be honest I do not know exactly how it is handled in the different denominations. Perhaps our ACCA friend Fidelio can advise.
We have a member at the Livonia ACCA who is running for re-election to the Livonia City Council. However, that should be a non-partisan position, so may not get to the heart of the question.
0 x
Convert to Anabaptist truth early 2019; now associated (friend) with the Apostolic Christian Church of America.
Swiss Bro
Affiliation: ETG

Post by Swiss Bro »

Fidelio wrote:
We have a member at the Livonia ACCA who is running for re-election to the Livonia City Council. However, that should be a non-partisan position, so may not get to the heart of the question.
Thanks. At our ETG church we have at least one guy active in communal politics and afaik most of us (except for an elder Nazarene brother) vote.

In case you don't know, in Switzerland, you not only get to elect politicians on all levels but also vote on laws, expenses, taxes, treaties etc. I can see why electing politicians can seem problematic insofar as it means you are supporting the world system but I see it as a privilege to be able to give my vote on all kinds of stuff and I don't see why I shouldn't do it. That's my personal opinion, of course, and I have not yet given this matter a lot of thought tbh.
0 x
francis
Affiliation:

Post by francis »

Maybe I should start my own thread, but I was curious. I was looking up churches in Sarasota, FL (just giving the city for context,) and all the churches seemed to have fairly good relationships with one another (hosting choral concerts in one another's venues, etc.) and this was true for the Evangelicals, the Methodists, Presbyterians, and even the Beachy Amish.
But the one sizeable church that didn't seem to have any online presence or any relationship with other churches was the Apostolic Christian Church in Sarasota (ACCA not ACCN.) I assume that's because of its isolationist policies re: interacting with other churches but wasn't sure because the Beachy church had no issue performing songs with other non-Anabaptist congregations.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Where I live, there is ACCN (Nazarean) “East” and “West”. The “West” churches are like your everyday average evangelical church. I have occasionally visited them.

The “East” churches are similar to other conservative Anabaptists. They would be closest to Holdemans in terms of doctrines, marriage / courtship practices, lifestyle, and so on, although they do not have a one true visible church doctrine. They also have some similarities to Mennonite Brethren such as full immersion.

East and West still share some nonprofit links such as shared nursing homes and foundations to support them. They participate in things line the MCC’s mobile cannery.

As of 2020, the ACCA is much closer in practice to the ACCN-East than West, although some people are of the opinion that the ACCA is slowly becoming more like ACCN-West.

If you get a chance to visit any of these 3 affiliations, do so. I have been blessed by my visits with all 3, including some very dear to my heart in my home country of Australia.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Does www.acc-nazarean.org represent East, West, or both? The geographical distribution of the congregations listed does not make that obvious, though maybe that's not the origin of the labels.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

ohio jones wrote:Does www.acc-nazarean.org represent East, West, or both? The geographical distribution of the congregations listed does not make that obvious, though maybe that's not the origin of the labels.
Interesting. Their is one of these near a hospital I get to.

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

ohio jones wrote:Does www.acc-nazarean.org represent East, West, or both? The geographical distribution of the congregations listed does not make that obvious, though maybe that's not the origin of the labels.
Both. There are some subtle ways to tell which is which. Due to the shared background and property, they try to find ways to keep this going, although it’s becoming much like if Maranatha Amish-Mennonite and the CMC tried to keep having shared organisations.
0 x
ABC 123
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Conservative Anabaptist Church Finder & Information

Post by ABC 123 »

twinpines wrote:
There must be a second charity like church in the area as the Dorchester church is all of Mennonite background. Lee Rufener probably is in the other group.
Lee was associated with Brad Baylor the last I knew.
0 x