S. Stutzman claims 67% of Anabaptist women have been sexually abused

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: S. Stutzman claims 67% of Anabaptist women have been sexually abused

Post by Josh »

Judas Maccabeus wrote:I can only speak to what I know.

But the experience of one with 25+ years of leadership experience in the evangelical world should count for something.

What I keep hearing is that if one does not “hop” churches and simply does not see evidence of the pervasive abuse some are claiming, they should just go away and shut up.
JM, that’s not what I said - I said that there is definitely an abuse problem in the broader plain circles, and the fact you haven’t been around doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. I certainly don’t want you to “hop” to find dysfunctional churches with abuse problems.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: S. Stutzman claims 67% of Anabaptist women have been sexually abused

Post by Josh »

ragpicker wrote:
Josh wrote:
If you'd like more details, I'd be glad to PM with you, email, talk on the phone, WhatsApp, etc.

Just let me know.

In other threads you've told me to quit litigating this in public and not name names, so I'm not going to do so here.
I don’t remember telling you that. If you could direct me to where I told you to stop naming names, I genuinely would appreciate it.
You asked me to stop discussing the DD affair.

I’ll repeat myself:

If you'd like more details, I'd be glad to PM with you, email, talk on the phone, WhatsApp, etc.

If you want to talk about this in public, feel free to start a thread about it. We could call it “Safety at parachurch conferences.”
0 x