Profiling, Races & Racism in America (SPLIT from Freedoms...)

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
PeterG
Affiliation: Conserv. Mennonite

Re: The freedoms we enjoy because of those who sacrificed their lives

Post by PeterG »

Jennifer wrote: But why are those schools terrible? It's because the students themselves are destroying their own schools. It's because parents and teachers are no longer allowed to physically punish disruptive children.
Everyone should have safe schools to send their children to.
Unfortunately they're not safe because we make excuses for not doing anything about the problem. Law abiding citizens do not want to live near thugs and murderers that would kill a person for the pleasure they get from it. They don't want to live near an ethnic group that they know look at other races as prey. And we have a national media that takes the side of that violent ethnic group and portrays them as victims. They're not victims of anything. They're the victimizers. Its political correctness and the media that keep people from standing up and saying exactly what needs to be done and keeps the police from doing their job. Violent people need to be segregated from the rest of society and punished. Children who are born into a culture where violence against others is encouraged should be removed from that environment. Those children should not be bused into non violent neighborhoods where they can disrupt schools and terrorize non violent students. They need physical punishment in order for them to learn to respect authority and others. Its liberals and political correctness that are preventing the justice from coming about that would end the violence.
You make some good points. Lack of discipline does contribute to many problems, and too many excuses are made. But can you reconsider some of the things you have said? You have said that there is an ethnic group that looks at other races as prey, and have referred to that ethnic group as violent. Taken literally, your words ascribe these negative characteristics to an ethnicity rather than to the choices of individuals. I doubt that is actually what you believe.

Please consider what John Piper says about structural racism. Please do not automatically reject it just because it reminds you of a viewpoint that you disagree with.
0 x
"It is a weird" —Ken
Jennifer
Affiliation: JW

Post by Jennifer »

Okay
How much violence is there among the Amish?
Little to none. Why ? They are physically disciplined as God teaches.

How much violence is there among non amish American white children who are not physically disciplined? Some, but not much. Most white children have a gentle nature.

How much violence is there among blacks? Who are physically disciplined ?
Some but much less than blacks who are never disciplined.

How much violence is there among blacks who have never been physically disciplined?
Check the FBI statistics. Very high. Almost 90 percent of violent crimes are committed by black and Latinos .

What countries of the world have the highest violent crime rates?
Here's a clue. It's not any country who's majority is white.

There are without a doubt different physical and genetic character tendencies between the races.
We can keep our liberal rose colored glasses on and stay in denial. Or we can look at what God said about the Israelites having nothing to do with certain other races and the consequences of disobedience.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

I read today about a black man, working in his garage, with loud music. An officer came to investigate - the black man slammed the door shut when he saw the officer. The officer shot through the garage door three times and killed the man. A jury awarded his family $4 to help pay for costs. None of this would have happened if the man had been white. Racial profiling really seems to be a fact in the US.

Another black man had been stopped 52 times in the past few years before he was finally fatally shot by the arresting officer. The man was reaching for his wallet when the police shot him. I am thankful I am not a black man living in the US today.
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Jennifer wrote:Or we can look at what God said about the Israelites having nothing to do with certain other races and the consequences of disobedience.
Moses' wife was a black woman, and God didn't seem to mind as much as Moses' brother and sister did. Seems to me God punished them for complaining about the situation.

I don't know where you live, but where I live, I don't think the statement that "most white children have a gentle nature" would necessarily be accurate.

Btw, were the white people one of those other "races" that the Israelites were to have nothing to do with?
0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Hats Off wrote:I read today about a black man, working in his garage, with loud music. An officer came to investigate - the black man slammed the door shut when he saw the officer. The officer shot through the garage door three times and killed the man. A jury awarded his family $4 to help pay for costs. None of this would have happened if the man had been white. Racial profiling really seems to be a fact in the US.
None of what would have happened? You mean a white man wouldn't have been blasting such loud vulgar music. Or he wouldn't have slammed the door shut when the officer came? OK, I know that's not what you are saying, but I think it is awfully presumptuous to say the man wouldn't have got shot if he was white. It's possible that is the case, but also possible if it had happened the jury verdict would have been the same.
White people get shot by police too sometimes when they do stupid stuff. This man's skin color might have affected the officers' response, but the situation seems to have been more complex than you suggest. (Oh, and the jury award was actually 4 cents.)
Hats Off wrote:Another black man had been stopped 52 times in the past few years before he was finally fatally shot by the arresting officer. The man was reaching for his wallet when the police shot him. I am thankful I am not a black man living in the US today.
If he was stopped 52 times in the space of a few years, he had worse problems than his skin color. If I drove around in an unlicensed, unregistered, uninsured vehicle with broken tail-lights, chances are I'd have a lot more "interactions" with the police. Law abiding, respectable citizens rarely get shot by police in the US, no matter their skin color.
0 x
Jennifer
Affiliation: JW

Post by Jennifer »

I lived in New York City as a child. I know there's a difference between the races. In my junior high school we had blacks bused in from other areas. We had a peaceful school until they were bused in. The violence came in with them. I remember them congregating by the entrance to the school and how they liked to harass the white students. When they saw me and my friends in the halls standing and talking, they'd walk right through our little group pushing and grabbing. I'm sorry but white boys don't do that. That's what blacks do, not whites. Don't tell me how poor and misunderstood they are because I had to go to a school with them. And it was hell for me and most of my friends. You can read some nonsense out of a book but until you lived through it, your ignorant opinion is worthless!
0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Jennifer wrote:I lived in New York City as a child. I know there's a difference between the races. In my junior high school we had blacks bused in from other areas. We had a peaceful school until they were bused in. The violence came in with them. I remember them congregating by the entrance to the school and how they liked to harass the white students. When they saw me and my friends in the halls standing and talking, they'd walk right through our little group pushing and grabbing. I'm sorry but white boys don't do that. That's what blacks do, not whites. Don't tell me how poor and misunderstood they are because I had to go to a school with them. And it was hell for me and most of my friends. You can read some nonsense out of a book but until you lived through it, your ignorant opinion is worthless!
Thank you for your kind words.
0 x
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

Hats Off wrote:I read today about a black man, working in his garage, with loud music. An officer came to investigate - the black man slammed the door shut when he saw the officer. The officer shot through the garage door three times and killed the man. A jury awarded his family $4 to help pay for costs. None of this would have happened if the man had been white. Racial profiling really seems to be a fact in the US.

Another black man had been stopped 52 times in the past few years before he was finally fatally shot by the arresting officer. The man was reaching for his wallet when the police shot him. I am thankful I am not a black man living in the US today.
The full details of the incident are that the man pointed a gun at the police as he slammed the garage door shut.

As is often the case if someone, black or white, fully complies with a law officer's commands he or she will very, very likely not be injured. If a person, black or white, points a weapon at a law officer he or she is very, very likely to face lethal (and legal) force. You cannot claim that none of this would have happened if the man was white.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Ken, Wayne, you are right. I have some very mixed feelings about this racial profiling business. The things that happened to these two men I noted would not have happened to me because i would not have done the things they did. But I still agree with myself that i am happy not to be a black man living in the US.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Wayne in Maine wrote:

The full details of the incident are that the man pointed a gun at the police as he slammed the garage door shut.

As is often the case if someone, black or white, fully complies with a law officer's commands he or she will very, very likely not be injured. If a person, black or white, points a weapon at a law officer he or she is very, very likely to face lethal (and legal) force. You cannot claim that none of this would have happened if the man was white.
Additionally, the news stated that the man was also drunk at the time. Drunk or no, it's still not legal to point a gun at an officer of the law.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God