Conservative Anabaptist Church Finder & Information

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Re: Conservative Anabaptist Church Finder & Information

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Karstan78 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:33 am
RZehr wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:07 am Anyone know of any conservative Mennonites churches in The Netherlands or Belgium or nearby in France or Germany?
Yes we are in Germany. We also are about 35 mins from the German i58 outpost, so there’s always a few Mennonites serving there.
I believe there’s quite a few Brudergemeinde (Russian Mennonites)
congregations around here too, some visitors to the i58 did mention the women weren’t really covered for church, I haven’t been though so can’t confirm.

I believe there are satellite congregations around the other countries, though I’m sure Josh should have the actual addresses.
They exist, as I was standing next to a young lady from one in a choir a month ago. My off the cuff impression is that they are somewhat less conservative than what we would call a "conservative Mennonite" in north America. They are definitely meeting.

If you cannot find any of the above, you could try a church affiliated with DMG. It would be my choice, especially as my German is really, really poor. They would be more likely to have an English service attached.

J.M.
1 x
:hug:
daigi212
Affiliation:

Post by daigi212 »

Lord willing we'll be in the Sarasota Florida area this weekend. What's the name of the fellowship that the orverholts are part of? Can you send me their contact information?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

daigi212 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:37 pm Lord willing we'll be in the Sarasota Florida area this weekend. What's the name of the fellowship that the orverholts are part of? Can you send me their contact information?
You might have a bit of a drive, it’s in Hurricane Mills, TN
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

daigi212 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:37 pm Lord willing we'll be in the Sarasota Florida area this weekend. What's the name of the fellowship that the orverholts are part of? Can you send me their contact information?
If you want the contact info for a conservative church in Sarasota, please PM me, as I have that information.

Judas Maccabeus
0 x
:hug:
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

I think this is where the Overholts used to go. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Touri ... da,_USA%29
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Josh

Post by Josh »

Ernie wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:24 pm
I think this is where the Overholts used to go. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Touri ... da,_USA%29
Is that the beachy church?
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Josh wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:55 am Is that the beachy church?
The Beachy church would be Sunnyside, I think.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
daigi212
Affiliation:

Post by daigi212 »

Thanks for the replies everyone!
0 x
S A DeVault
Affiliation: Alien

Post by S A DeVault »

Anything near Janesville, WI?
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

S A DeVault wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:00 pm Anything near Janesville, WI?
There is a Nationwide Fellowship congregation somewhere around Beloit. When I get back to my computer, I can try to look it up for you.
1 x