Valentine's Day 2021 (for the ladies)

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective

Things I expect from my hubby this year:

Total votes: 0

steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Valentine's Day 2021 (for the ladies)

Post by steve-in-kville »

I realize our female population here on MN isn't as vast as the men, but do appreciate your imput! Please do discuss and vote for all that apply.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
My *almost* daily blog: https://milepost81.com/blog/
For railfans: https://milepost81.com/home/random-railfan-posts/
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Re: Valentine's Day 2021 (for the ladies)

Post by justme »

no hubby, and no dad here.
i usually get discounted candy after the holiday and give it to the family.
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
ABC 123
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by ABC 123 »

Once in a while I am surprised when I figure out a poster here is not the gender I imagined.
0 x
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

Probably nothing. Every once in a while he may surprise me with something for anniversary or Valentine's Day but probably nothing. But since he does dishes for me almost every day and I get to cook and not have to do the dishes- I'll take that over a once a year thing. :). He wasn't brought up to celebrate things like that.
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

QuietlyListening wrote:Probably nothing. Every once in a while he may surprise me with something for anniversary or Valentine's Day but probably nothing. But since he does dishes for me almost every day and I get to cook and not have to do the dishes- I'll take that over a once a year thing. :). He wasn't brought up to celebrate things like that.
Same here. And I don't mind one bit that I don 't get candy and flowers on Valentine's Day. It is what he does every day and what he has done every day of our marriage that counts. There is so much to be thankful for.

I remember hearing a woman speaker at a ladies meeting once, telling the women to make sure to let their husbands know what their favorite candy is and what their favorite flower is, so that their husbands can make sure they give the women what they like. I really questioned that perspective, because there are millions of women in this world who don't have enough food for themselves and their children, and Christian women are quibbling over favorites are in candy and flowers !?!? Just my opinion, but I thought that kind of nonsense sounded like a bunch of Junior High girls and not grown women. I also thought that possibly that kind of thinking could be a huge detriment to young married women, whose husbands may not gift those items and they end up being disappointed over something that is not consequential.
0 x
Somebody
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Somebody »

We try to make a valentine themed meal for the whole family.

One year the girls set up a table for 2 in the living room while they ate in the kitchen.
0 x
Aurien
Affiliation: Ex-Mennonite

Post by Aurien »

I expect nothing. Which makes sense considering I don't have a husband or significant other of any kind. I do have a father who is living but since he's a father only in a DNA donor sense I don't get him gifts.
0 x
No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly. --J.R.R. Tolkien

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that...you find someone to carry you. --Firefly
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

When the kids were home we would make a special meal, pull out the best china and make a big deal of Valentine's meal. I would try to find a special gift for them, like a book, candy they liked etc.
1 x
DarkShallNotPrevail
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by DarkShallNotPrevail »

My birthday was yesterday, so it sort of melds with Valentines. My husband gets me flowers intended for both, and we might make a special meal tomorrow, but that's about it.
1 x
The meaning of life is to find your gift.
The purpose of life is to give it away.
-w.s.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Another Valentine’s Day :D
i go for a vision test. it’s sunny+mild. snowed again yesterday.

0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN