Culture, has it become a burden and stumbling block.

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Aaron
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Culture, has it become a burden and stumbling block.

Post by Aaron »

A heretic ?

What's the difference between a heretic and the false gospel(s) IN SCRIPTURE'S directions ?

When were any believers granted the authority or instructions or permission or method to "condemn" anyone at all , ever ?
(they were not)....

Rather, when Jesus says to someone who claims to follow Him, "why do you call Me Lord, Lord, and do not do what I Say?" ...

The directions for heretics are , as far as I know, much much much different from directions concerning those (anyone) who brings a false gospel , right ?
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Aaron wrote:A heretic ?

What's the difference between a heretic and the false gospel(s) IN SCRIPTURE'S directions ?

When were any believers granted the authority or instructions or permission or method to "condemn" anyone at all , ever ?
(they were not)....

Rather, when Jesus says to someone who claims to follow Him, "why do you call Me Lord, Lord, and do not do what I Say?" ...

The directions for heretics are , as far as I know, much much much different from directions concerning those (anyone) who brings a false gospel , right ?
Condemn? What about judge as a better word choice.
3For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, 4In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Soloist wrote:
Aaron wrote:A heretic ?

(they were not)....

Condemn? What about judge as a better word choice.
3For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, 4In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
For what purpose did you avoid what Jesus says to do concerning anyone who brings a false gospel ? Obeying Jesus requires obedience, not judging and not condemning in most cases. But you appear to have deflected away from what Scripture says about those who bring a false gospel, to one or two or more other things .....

Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven ...

biblehub . com/galatians/1-8.htm
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse! New Living Translation Let God's curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. English Standard Version
2 Corinthians 11:4 For if someone comes and proclaims a ...

biblehub . com/2_corinthians/11-4.htm

For you gladly tolerate anyone who comes to you and preaches a different Jesus, not the one we preached; and you accept a spirit and a gospel completely different from the Spirit and the gospel you received from us! ... He means, of course, that they have done much more than tolerate the preachers of the false gospel, and have paid them an ...
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Aaron wrote:
For what purpose did you avoid what Jesus says to do concerning anyone who brings a false gospel ? Obeying Jesus requires obedience, not judging and not condemning in most cases. But you appear to have deflected away from what Scripture says about those who bring a false gospel, to one or two or more other things .....
so does that make me a heretic? or bringing a false gospel?

Jesus doesn't address teachers of false gospels here. He addresses Christians that will be judged for not being obedient to Jesus. Elsewhere are teachers judged and condemned.
Obeying Jesus means the teachings of the Apostles too.
0 x
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Soloist wrote:
Aaron wrote:
so does that make me a heretic? or bringing a false gospel?

Jesus doesn't address teachers of false gospels here. He addresses Christians that will be judged for not being obedient to Jesus. Elsewhere are teachers judged and condemned.
Obeying Jesus means the teachings of the Apostles too.
Just look in Scripture to see what is said about what to do about anyone who brings a false gospel.....
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Aaron wrote:
Just look in Scripture to see what is said about what to do about anyone who brings a false gospel.....
I will point out that if it was not for love and care shown to me to kindly point out errors in my understanding I would still be believing those errors. I will remain steadfast that we should care for the people who believe false gospels too.
0 x
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Soloist wrote:
Aaron wrote:
I will point out that if it was not for love and care shown to me to kindly point out errors in my understanding I would still be believing those errors. I will remain steadfast that we should care for the people who believe false gospels too.
Is this more deflection away from the very specific "false gospels" and what IS WRITTEN CLEARLY in all Scripture , in complete harmony with all Scripture, in complere harmony with God's Love and Wisdom and Caring,

what God Says very specifically not about errors in understanding, not about false beliefs, but totally and simply and only what God Says about those who bring a false gospel ?

He is very direct, very concise, very accurate, and God does know everything, perfectly, right ?

God knows everything about everyone, and God Gives Very Specific Directions about what to do about anyone who brings a false gospel....

what to do about errors , stumbling, and so on is all together a different subject, and God is very specific about all those other things also.

God is not mistaken at all , He is very direct, when He says what to do about anyone who brings a false gospel.
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Aaron wrote: God is not mistaken at all , He is very direct, when He says what to do about anyone who brings a false gospel.
I agree. You however, are not.
0 x
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Soloist wrote:
Aaron wrote: God is not mistaken at all .....
I agree......
glutathione
0 x
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Aaron wrote:
Soloist wrote:
Aaron wrote: God is not mistaken at all .....
I agree......
glutathione
A change of perspective - for anyone seeking the truth....
(anyone here?)

Compare with cost of AMA/FDA recommendations....

"How America Lost Its Mind
The nation’s current post-truth moment is the ultimate expression of mind-sets that have made America exceptional throughout its history.

R. Kikuo Johnson
Story by Kurt Andersen
SEPTEMBER 2017 ISSUE"

" “We risk being the first people in history to have been
able to make their illusions so vivid, so persuasive,
so ‘realistic’ that they can live in them.

— Daniel J. Boorstin, The Image: A Guide to
Pseudo-Events in America (1961)"

(i.e. "culture" - the stumbling block and burden weighing people down, oppressing everyone) ....)

Two Million dollars estimated cost ... "approved" .....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-2-millio ... 1557221401

https://www.statnews.com/2019/05/31/spi ... e-critics/
0 x