Hi from appleman

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Hi from appleman

Post by appleman2006 »

Perhaps I am being somewhat egotistical in even thinking that anyone cares but I figure I own it to you to let you know why I have been inactive up to this time on this new forum.
First and foremost it took me awhile to even notice that a new forum existed. And I suspect my second reason had something to do with that.
Second, we have just finished a very busy apple harvest season. It was a great crop something we are all very thankful for. The crop was not only great in quantity it was also a good quality crop and so far is selling very very well. But the storages are all full and we have a lot of work ahead of us.
Third. I will have to admit to going through a bit of a mourning process for the old MD. I miss being able to use the mass amount of resources on there as a research tool. I miss being able to go back and see how even some of my own views had matured over the years. I realize now that I made a serious mistake in not backing up some of the more treasured parts of MD for my own benefit. Guess I was naïve in thinking that what was is on the net will always be on the net.
Fourth. This time of year is always a very busy time of year for me due to some of the various boards I serve on. I was in Halifax for a board meeting two weeks ago and in KC for a board meeting the first three days of this week. I am presently winding up my board responsibilities of a board that I have served on for many years and just getting into the groove of a brand new board that I have the opportunity to serve in and that I am quite excited about.
And fifth. I really am enjoying this thing of being a grandpa. :)
And so I am not sure what the future holds for me here. I am in the process of heading up a potential new project here at work which if we go ahead with it will take up quite a bit of extra time for the next couple of years. My guess is that I will be drawn in to some of your conversations at times. I have made too many friends here over the years to just drop out cold turkey. Time will tell.
Blessings to all of you.
1 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Re: Hi from appleman

Post by ken_sylvania »

Welcome back Appleman!
We have been missing you and hoping you would find the new forum eventually.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

sure been wondering about you.
noticed you registered .. but, so quiet!

happy your life, which affects so many others,' has been so richly blessed. :D
thankful to know we will hear from you on MN.

the MD crash reminds me of a special library that's burned to the ground.
a sad loss to remember, to share with others. a reminder of the temporal nature of life on earth.

when we were just 13, my best friend and i received a serious message from her mother.
they are both passed away, my friend passed when we were just 29. she left behind many broken hearts. to paraphrase, her mother said, "forever is a very short time," when the word is used by fragile and imperfect humans.

this was shocking news-to-us! tender babies we were.
but, how correct she was!

forever belongs to God, we humans know-not of which we speak.

praise God for your safe arrival. :D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

appleman2006 wrote:Perhaps I am being somewhat egotistical in even thinking that anyone cares but I figure I own it to you to let you know why I have been inactive up to this time on this new forum.
First and foremost it took me awhile to even notice that a new forum existed. And I suspect my second reason had something to do with that.
Second, we have just finished a very busy apple harvest season. It was a great crop something we are all very thankful for. The crop was not only great in quantity it was also a good quality crop and so far is selling very very well. But the storages are all full and we have a lot of work ahead of us.
Third. I will have to admit to going through a bit of a mourning process for the old MD. I miss being able to use the mass amount of resources on there as a research tool. I miss being able to go back and see how even some of my own views had matured over the years. I realize now that I made a serious mistake in not backing up some of the more treasured parts of MD for my own benefit. Guess I was naïve in thinking that what was is on the net will always be on the net.
Fourth. This time of year is always a very busy time of year for me due to some of the various boards I serve on. I was in Halifax for a board meeting two weeks ago and in KC for a board meeting the first three days of this week. I am presently winding up my board responsibilities of a board that I have served on for many years and just getting into the groove of a brand new board that I have the opportunity to serve in and that I am quite excited about.
And fifth. I really am enjoying this thing of being a grandpa. :)
And so I am not sure what the future holds for me here. I am in the process of heading up a potential new project here at work which if we go ahead with it will take up quite a bit of extra time for the next couple of years. My guess is that I will be drawn in to some of your conversations at times. I have made too many friends here over the years to just drop out cold turkey. Time will tell.
Blessings to all of you.
Glad to see you back appleman.
1 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Haystack
Affiliation: Christian

Post by Haystack »

Welcome back! I would be interested to hear more about the apple farm and the harvest. What type of apples do you grow?
1 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

Haystack wrote:Welcome back! I would be interested to hear more about the apple farm and the harvest. What type of apples do you grow?
Mostly red ones, but some green ones too... :mrgreen:
1 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Haystack wrote:Welcome back! I would be interested to hear more about the apple farm and the harvest. What type of apples do you grow?
Might be simpler to ask what kind he doesn't grow.
1 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

silentreader wrote:
Might be simpler to ask what kind he doesn't grow.
i believe this is appleman's website: :D
please correct, if not .. :)
http://www.martinsapples.com/
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

It's really good to see you here.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Sunbeam
Affiliation:

Post by Sunbeam »

Hi, Mr Apple. :D
0 x