Page 1 of 27

Additions

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:20 pm
by Robert
What do we want to see added? What did I miss?

Re: Additions

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:25 pm
by Neto
I'm sure you recall what all there was before, but what do you think of having a section for Computer, or maybe Technology?

Re: Additions

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:27 pm
by Robert
I thought about the technology section last night. I need to add it. Need a inclusive term for it. "Computers and Technology" would just sound boring.

Need to add some smilies too. Which ones do we want back?

Re: Additions

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:32 pm
by Robert
American English has been added. You can select it in the User Control Panel/Board Preferences tab.

To get to User Control Panel, click your username upper right and select it.

Re: Additions

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:21 pm
by Admiral Acbon
An RSS feed.

Re: Additions

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:46 pm
by Robert
Admiral Acbon wrote:An RSS feed.

Never used one or done one. What is the benefit of it?

Re: Additions

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:57 pm
by Josh
I propose we add new subforums gradually, as the need arises.

One thing I do think would be good is a dedicated subforum for Introductions, which is also a good place for the "Thoughts from my heart", "Today...", etc. type of threads.

Re: Additions

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:09 pm
by Robert
Josh wrote:One thing I do think would be good is a dedicated subforum for Introductions, which is also a good place for the "Thoughts from my heart", "Today...", etc. type of threads.


I will just create the subs and let each decide where they think it goes. I was thinking about introductions, but held off to see if we get new peoples.

Re: Additions

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:47 pm
by Admiral Acbon
Robert wrote:
Admiral Acbon wrote:An RSS feed.

Never used one or done one. What is the benefit of it?


You'd have to ask Jonathan Robie about how to implement that. He created one for MD, and it sent those of us who subscribed a digest of recent activity. There's some discussion about it in the FB group (currently at the top), including a screenshot of what it looked like in one's inbox.

Re: Additions

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:14 am
by Neto
Robert wrote:I thought about the technology section last night. I need to add it. Need a inclusive term for it. "Computers and Technology" would just sound boring.

Need to add some smilies too. Which ones do we want back?


for Computer & Technology: Nerdville. EggHeads. Techies.

for Automotive (if wanted): GreaseMonkeys. GearHeads. (MudDobbers are auto body guys, but I don't recall any discussion ever taking place about that.)