Additions

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Additions

Post by Robert »

Mrs.Nisly wrote:Where is the thread of introduction and intent that I had to post on before I was accepted on to the forum?
It hides once you are activated only to be seen by newly registered members. Sneaky, ain't it?
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Mrs.Nisly
Affiliation: BMA

Post by Mrs.Nisly »

Robert wrote:
Mrs.Nisly wrote:Where is the thread of introduction and intent that I had to post on before I was accepted on to the forum?
It hides once you are activated only to be seen by newly registered members. Sneaky, ain't it?
Definitely! Here I thought I was introducing myself to everyone! :o
0 x
Mrs.Nisly

Post by Mrs.Nisly »

Christian Education is a big part of many Mennonites experience be it homeschool or church school. I would like to see a a place dedicated to discussions on Christian education for both teachers and parents.

I would also like to see a section similar to the old regions section, but instead of regions it is broken out into various constituencies such as by conferences or fellowships, or brotherhoods, and including all Anabaptist affiliated groups including Old Order River Brethren, German Baptist, etc.

Maybe what I am looking for is a more grown up version of MD. Where instead of a place where people go to critique Mennonites and others under the Anabaptist umbrella, it is a place where people can connect and identify with Mennonites or a particular Anabaptist group.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Mrs.Nisly wrote:
Robert wrote:
Definitely! Here I thought I was introducing myself to everyone! :o
i'm with you, that was a bit difficult to figure out.
frustrating when memory is not ideal, and, when reading multiple times to grasp content is needed.

plus, it can be fun to go back to review the Intro threads, to recall where members began as they entered MD, now MN. (what? no "strike" option!) :lol:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Mrs.Nisly wrote:Christian Education is a big part of many Mennonites experience be it homeschool or church school. I would like to see a a place dedicated to discussions on Christian education for both teachers and parents.

I would also like to see a section similar to the old regions section, but instead of regions it is broken out into various constituencies such as by conferences or fellowships, or brotherhoods, and including all Anabaptist affiliated groups including Old Order River Brethren, German Baptist, etc.

Maybe what I am looking for is a more grown up version of MD. Where instead of a place where people go to critique Mennonites and others under the Anabaptist umbrella, it is a place where people can connect and identify with Mennonites or a particular Anabaptist group.
interesting ideas :D .. did you have a former MD username?
0 x

UNKNOWN
Mrs.Nisly

Post by Mrs.Nisly »

temporal1 wrote:
Mrs.Nisly wrote:Christian Education is a big part of many Mennonites experience be it homeschool or church school. I would like to see a a place dedicated to discussions on Christian education for both teachers and parents.

Yes, which I explained in that Introduction thread. ;)
I was formerly known as anabaptistenigma, but I decided to change it for this forum for several reasons.
My new name is shorter. When I chose the old name I thought it was a clever handle to depict my search for Anabaptist identity and understanding. I had not anticipated how long it was and how tedious it is to spell it thousands of times.
I also didn't realize it had the potential to cause gender mis-identification, which is something my current title has a very low risk of doing.
And finally, Mrs.Nisly is a title of address that is now being used daily since mid-August and is one that I need to get used to and embrace as I adjust to my new focus and calling as an elementary school teacher. But it still holds the reality of my role as wife and mother as well.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Mrs.Nisly wrote:
temporal1 wrote:

Yes, which I explained in that Introduction thread. ;)
I was formerly known as anabaptistenigma, but I decided to change it for this forum for several reasons.
My new name is shorter. When I chose the old name I thought it was a clever handle to depict my search for Anabaptist identity and understanding. I had not anticipated how long it was and how tedious it is to spell it thousands of times.
I also didn't realize it had the potential to cause gender mis-identification, which is something my current title has a very low risk of doing.
And finally, Mrs.Nisly is a title of address that is now being used daily since mid-August and is one that I need to get used to and embrace as I adjust to my new focus and calling as an elementary school teacher. But it still holds the reality of my role as wife and mother as well.
i knew i should have been able to figure this out! :D
still, since i couldn't, great update. thank you, and congratulations on your new job. lucky children!

anabaptistenigma is a clever username! of course, oft referred to as "ae," for we lazy folk.
good suggestions above, definitely "ae"-worthy. :P
those are big shoes to fill, Mrs.Nisly. :mrgreen:

my Intro was short.
something like, i'm here, 'cause Gene's here. 8-)
0 x

UNKNOWN
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

Better?

0 x
Mrs.Nisly

Post by Mrs.Nisly »

Robert wrote:Better?

:up:
Thanks!
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

We have a two step registration process to help filter out automatic processes and spammers, this being the second step. We ask each new member to reply with a post here so we can verify their intent. Please post one or two sentences about you or what you are looking for. We will approve you and you will have access to the rest of the forum. Once approved, this section will then disappear from your view.
Better wording?
0 x