Additions

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Additions

Post by Robert »

Reduced the Bible font size and background color.

I am supposed to be doing some guideline thing, aren't I?
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Robert wrote:Reduced the Bible font size and background color.

I am supposed to be doing some guideline thing, aren't I?
You can adjust the Bible font yourself using the font size capability...

This is as is...

[bible]john 3,16[/bible]

This is tiny...

[bible]john 3,16[/bible]

This is large...

[bible]john 3,16[/bible]
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Thank you for changing the Bible font :up:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

I'm not seeing any change. :shock:
lesterb wrote:You can adjust the Bible font yourself using the font size capability...
Didn't think of that. 80% appears to match the normal text size of the rest of the posts, but if others don't use that, it will still look like their quotes are shouting.

[bible]John 3,16[/bible]
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
lesterb

Post by lesterb »

ohio jones wrote:
I'm not seeing any change. :shock:
lesterb wrote:You can adjust the Bible font yourself using the font size capability...
Didn't think of that. 80% appears to match the normal text size of the rest of the posts, but if others don't use that, it will still look like their quotes are shouting.

[bible]John 3,16[/bible]
When I did my post, the background for the Bible quotes was a tan similar to other quotes. And the 100% text was similar to the rest of the display text. Whatever Robert did seems to have reverted back what it was.

I was using Dr Web to make my posts since I was doing a standalone virus scan (it found three that McAffee and Malawarebytes missed :-| ). I thought maybe the difference was due to that.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

I adjusted some of the CSS. That is the way something is displayed, like color, size, and such. If you are seeing the same as before, your browser did not update the css file. Hold down let Shift and click the refresh arrow on the toolbar close to the address. This will force a complete refresh and you should see the new styles. I need to do a little more on the positioning of it yet. I noticed that it is running into the line presiding it.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Hey, that works. Looks good! :clap:

I've seen recommendations for assigning version numbers to CSS files to force browsers to look for the new one. Might consider giving that a try if there are future revisions.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
lesterb

Post by lesterb »

Robert wrote:I adjusted some of the CSS. That is the way something is displayed, like color, size, and such. If you are seeing the same as before, your browser did not update the css file. Hold down let Shift and click the refresh arrow on the toolbar close to the address. This will force a complete refresh and you should see the new styles. I need to do a little more on the positioning of it yet. I noticed that it is running into the line presiding it.
That fixed it for me too.
0 x
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

Robert wrote:I adjusted some of the CSS. That is the way something is displayed, like color, size, and such. If you are seeing the same as before, your browser did not update the css file. Hold down let Shift and click the refresh arrow on the toolbar close to the address. This will force a complete refresh and you should see the new styles. I need to do a little more on the positioning of it yet. I noticed that it is running into the line presiding it.
sweet!!
i learned something!
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

justme wrote:
sweet!!
i learned something!
I'm still confused... :?:
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth