Can we make MN more hostile?

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Can we make MN more hostile?

Post by MaxPC »

RZehr wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:09 pm 1. Practice assuming the worst motive of the other people, and interpret their posts accordingly.
2. Verbally grab people by the lapel, and shake to reset their cognitive dissonance back to normal.
3. Imagine the other person to be a glaring, hateful ogre, who never was a child. And that they are purposefully choosing to be obtuse.
4. Learn their true identity and address and post it publicly.
5. Rephrase their words to say something they really didn’t say. And then attack that with vigor.
6. When shown a new bit of information that isn’t inline with your preferred reality, ignore it completely. Never acknowledge mistakes.
7. View posts through conservative and liberal lenses instead of Biblical lenses.
8. If someone leans politically differently that you, do not allow anything they say to be taken outside of the political box. Doesn’t matter if they say that snow is white, they are just saying that because they were told that.
9. If someone generally agrees with your favored positions, never call them out when they are out of line, such as mocking someone else. Don’t be a peacemaker.
10. Use mockery and belittlement. Even if your own credibility takes a hit, it is worth it.
11. If someone does call you out, someone on your “side”, answer immediately with fire. They broke the rule number nine, and must be held to account before time is spent in contemplating exactly what they said.
12. Try to keep your online persona separated from your real life persona. Say things with a dull machete instead of a sharp scalpel. Use no filter or grace. Assume no one will know who you really are. This won’t happen, but pretend it does.
You have it in one, RZehr. Well spotted.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

may the fleas of a thousand camels infest y'all's armpits
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

mike wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:15 pm may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits
The thought...can we just return to the "less hostile" thread? :lol:
1 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

GaryK wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:17 pm
mike wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:15 pm may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits
The thought...can we just return to the less hostility thread? :lol:
No we can’t. That one is too hard, no one knows how to do that. This however, this is entirely within our bailiwick. This is our home turf. This one we can do, we are experts here.

….

In fact… you are a big old meanie for coming in here with your big old attitude and demanding that we do what you want. I’d like you to apologize to everyone here and in your church. In fact I may just leave the forum entirely if this liberal, hostile, toxic masculinity isn’t reduced.
3 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

We could always use our favorite, cultural epithets in all caps (with definition and/or Greek word included in parentheses for added arrogance):
"You are just a KN*CK*R (goblin, dwarf; καλικάντζαρος noun kalikántzaros gnome, hob, gobblin)."
Last edited by MaxPC on Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

RZehr wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:19 pm
No we can’t. That one is too hard, no one knows how to do that. This however, this is entirely within our bailiwick. This is our home turf. This one we can do, we are experts here.

….

In fact… you are a big old meanie for coming in here with your big old attitude and demanding that we do what you want. I’d like you to apologize to everyone here and in your church. In fact I may just leave the forum entirely if this liberal, hostile, toxic masculinity isn’t reduced.
Okay! Then may half the fleas that have now infested my armpits find there way to your Oregonian armpits and then tell us if you want to remain in this thread or not. :shock:
2 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

mike wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:15 pm may the fleas of a thousand camels infest y'all's armpits
Easy there. What if one of the ladies wonders over here? ;)
2 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

GaryK wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:29 pm
RZehr wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:19 pm

….

Okay! Then may half the fleas that have now infested my armpits find there way to your Oregonian armpits and then tell us if you want to remain in this thread or not. :shock:
:rofl:
0 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

As punishment for disagreeing with me, I believe you all should have to watch my one-man show based on the "Communist Manifesto" in which I play both Karl Marx and God. Oh, it's a musical and I can't sing or dance. The song and dance number about dialectical materialism is spectacular in all the worst ways.
1 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Szdfan wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:06 pm As punishment for disagreeing with me, I believe you all should have to watch my one-man show based on the "Communist Manifesto" in which I play both Karl Marx and God. Oh, it's a musical and I can't sing or dance. The song and dance number about dialectical materialism is spectacular in all the worst ways.
how can you do dialectical with only one person
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3