Can we make MN more hostile?

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Re: Can we make MN more hostile?

Post by mike »

If they would rather die, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
mike

Post by mike »

It’s not my business. It’s enough for a man to understand his own business, and not to interfere with other people’s. Mine occupies me constantly.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

RZehr wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:09 pm 1. Practice assuming the worst motive of the other people, and interpret their posts accordingly.
2. Verbally grab people by the lapel, and shake to reset their cognitive dissonance back to normal.
3. Imagine the other person to be a glaring, hateful ogre, who never was a child. And that they are purposefully choosing to be obtuse.
4. Learn their true identity and address and post it publicly.
5. Rephrase their words to say something they really didn’t say. And then attack that with vigor.
6. When shown a new bit of information that isn’t inline with your preferred reality, ignore it completely. Never acknowledge mistakes.
7. View posts through conservative and liberal lenses instead of Biblical lenses.
8. If someone leans politically differently that you, do not allow anything they say to be taken outside of the political box. Doesn’t matter if they say that snow is white, they are just saying that because they were told that.
9. If someone generally agrees with your favored positions, never call them out when they are out of line, such as mocking someone else. Don’t be a peacemaker.
10. Use mockery and belittlement. Even if your own credibility takes a hit, it is worth it.
11. If someone does call you out, someone on your “side”, answer immediately with fire. They broke the rule number nine, and must be held to account before time is spent in contemplating exactly what they said.
12. Try to keep your online persona separated from your real life persona. Say things with a dull machete instead of a sharp scalpel. Use no filter or grace. Assume no one will know who you really are. This won’t happen, but pretend it does.
13. Post when you are having stressful day, have a bellyache, are hungry, have a headache, are tired, or after a particularly bad church decision.
14. Frame your thoughts as absolute as possible, use declarative sentences and words like "always, never, zero, completely..." avoid questions.
15. Present your life experiences as evidence of truth, "I used to be like you so I know you are wrong..." and the life experiences of others as evidence of a path of moral failure "You are on the path of fascism/liberalism ect..."
16. Post social media snippets with lots of capital letters or YouTube thumbnails featuring dramatic hand gestures or facial expressions.
17. Find the shortest path between what someone posted and Marxists or Nazis.
18. Make evaluations of the person, not content of their posts, "You say that because you are a Liberal/Christian Nationalist ect..." or "You have poor reading comprehension."
3 x
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Post by joshuabgood »

Yes we can. We should start by denouncing heretics and heresies clearly and firmly. We should also denounce the vast right wing conspiracy and the godless left. We should make clear explicit connections to Hitler, Trump, and the Bidens. We should call out demonic darkness, demons, and witchcraft and spirits of OT wicked characters. We should create a fundamental lost of doctrines with which everyone must agree if they are real Christians. We must not associate with fake news, fake media, or fake Christians.
3 x
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

mike wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:47 pm If they would rather die, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population.
Dr. Scrooge, I presume?

I rewrote for a Christian school play "A Christmas Carol" so that it lined up with reality/Scripture--dreams instead of ghosts. And Scrooge gets saved instead of merely reinventing himself.

(Sorry, this probably doesn't do anything towards making MN more hostile. :) )
1 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
mike

Post by mike »

joshuabgood wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:19 pm Yes we can. We should start by denouncing heretics and heresies clearly and firmly. We should also denounce the vast right wing conspiracy and the godless left. We should make clear explicit connections to Hitler, Trump, and the Bidens. We should call out demonic darkness, demons, and witchcraft and spirits of OT wicked characters. We should create a fundamental lost of doctrines with which everyone must agree if they are real Christians. We must not associate with fake news, fake media, or fake Christians.
I determine that you have a Jezebel spirit.
2 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Joy wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:41 pm (Sorry, this probably doesn't do anything towards making MN more hostile. :) )
Actually, people seem to be missing the point of the thread. The "less hostile" thread was getting more hostile, so I thought maybe a "more hostile" thread could be less hostile. Contrarians that we are, we do the opposite of the thread title.

Then again, maybe people understood the instructions well enough to do the opposite of what they ask, instead of the opposite of the title, which in turn makes things more hostile. :x

Either way, let's keep things light and tongue-in-cheek, and keep actual hostilities elsewhere. Preferably off of MN entirely.
2 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
PeterG
Affiliation: Conserv. Mennonite

Post by PeterG »

joshuabgood wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:19 pm Yes we can. We should start by denouncing heretics and heresies clearly and firmly. We should also denounce the vast right wing conspiracy and the godless left. We should make clear explicit connections to Hitler, Trump, and the Bidens. We should call out demonic darkness, demons, and witchcraft and spirits of OT wicked characters. We should create a fundamental lost of doctrines with which everyone must agree if they are real Christians. We must not associate with fake news, fake media, or fake Christians.
I was unironically on board with most of this until the part about wicked people from the OT. It went downhill from there.
1 x
"It is a weird" —Ken
Pelerin
Affiliation:

Post by Pelerin »

mike wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:52 pm It’s not my business. It’s enough for a man to understand his own business, and not to interfere with other people’s. Mine occupies me constantly.
Wow, that text color is hostile, especially on this background.
3 x
Pelerin
Affiliation:

Post by Pelerin »

Pelerin wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:51 pm
mike wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:52 pm It’s not my business. It’s enough for a man to understand his own business, and not to interfere with other people’s. Mine occupies me constantly.
Wow, that text color is hostile, especially on this background.
By the way, I was outraged to discover that the management of this forum is not nearly as committed to free speech as they claim to be:
Attachments
84954646-9F5D-4372-8A0C-84652186C421.jpeg
0 x