Can we make MN more hostile?

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Re: Can we make MN more hostile?

Post by mike »

Pelerin wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:12 pm
Pelerin wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:51 pm
mike wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:52 pm It’s not my business. It’s enough for a man to understand his own business, and not to interfere with other people’s. Mine occupies me constantly.
Wow, that text color is hostile, especially on this background.
By the way, I was outraged to discover that the management of this forum is not nearly as committed to free speech as they claim to be:
I forgot about Flash a decade or two ago, if that's the Flash I'm thinking of.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

PeterG wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:37 pm
joshuabgood wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:19 pm Yes we can. We should start by denouncing heretics and heresies clearly and firmly. We should also denounce the vast right wing conspiracy and the godless left. We should make clear explicit connections to Hitler, Trump, and the Bidens. We should call out demonic darkness, demons, and witchcraft and spirits of OT wicked characters. We should create a fundamental lost of doctrines with which everyone must agree if they are real Christians. We must not associate with fake news, fake media, or fake Christians.
I was unironically on board with most of this until the part about wicked people from the OT. It went downhill from there.
Your SECOND post in 2022! :blah: My goodness. Interesting choice.

PeterG,
do you think this 2022 season leading up to Christmas might be The Most Hostile/The Grouchiest in forum history?
It could be a 2-part question, MD+MN History, or just MN. In my mind, it’s at least a contender. :?

Does anyone recall “The MD Awards” threads? MD had numbers of for-fun and oddball topics.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Create more emojis:
A special Nikita Khrushchev emoji to forcefully make a point.

An emoji for Jack the Ripper; Rasputin; Hitler; Saddam Hussein and Al Capone for relevant commentary.

Make a Ginormous HUGE print size option for full on screaming mode.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Dewey v. Truman
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Pelerin wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:12 pm By the way, I was outraged to discover that the management of this forum is not nearly as committed to free speech as they claim to be:
OF COURSE we are committed to free speech. That's why we haven't bought the extra add-ons. :P
2 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

ohio jones wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:15 pm
Pelerin wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:12 pm By the way, I was outraged to discover that the management of this forum is not nearly as committed to free speech as they claim to be:
OF COURSE we are committed to free speech. That's why we haven't bought the extra add-ons. :P
Can we have comic sans font please jonesy
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

mike wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:52 pm
ohio jones wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:15 pm OF COURSE we are committed to free speech. That's why we haven't bought the extra add-ons. :P
Can we have comic sans font please jonesy
With a matching Monty Python Spanish Inquisition emojis

or the MP Ministry of Silly Walks

:mrgreen:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Good news, everyone! The maintenance shop gave me a few old truck tires. We cane add 'em to the dumpster fires we started yesterday.

I'm pretty pumped 8-)
3 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Pelerin
Affiliation:

Post by Pelerin »

mike wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:56 pm I forgot about Flash a decade or two ago, if that's the Flash I'm thinking of.
I was actually trying to make the text itself flash, as in the annoying staple design element of late-90s/early-00s websites. I thought about it partway through that the [flash] tag was probably intended for Flash as in the uh, other annoying staple design element of late-90s/early-00s websites. But in a thread like this I wasn't about to let a little thing like the facts get in the way of making unfair insinuations against the powers that be.
1 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:08 am Good news, everyone! The maintenance shop gave me a few old truck tires. We cane add 'em to the dumpster fires we started yesterday.

I'm pretty pumped 8-)
:laugh

0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)