Can we make MN more hostile?

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Can we make MN more hostile?

Post by ohio jones »

mike wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:48 pm
ohio jones wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:44 pm
RZehr wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:49 pm We have plenty of folks available here who are experts at removing moats from eyes.
Surely someone could expand their expertise from moats to canals and work on mouths, not just eyes.
It's just lovely that boats is spelled like moats. I never thought about that before.
If it's big enough for a motorboat, it's a boater moat. If it's smaller, it's a moatette and you can sing it as part of the liturgy.
4 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

GaryK wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:20 pm
Szdfan wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:06 pm As punishment for disagreeing with me, I believe you all should have to watch my one-man show based on the "Communist Manifesto" in which I play both Karl Marx and God. Oh, it's a musical and I can't sing or dance. The song and dance number about dialectical materialism is spectacular in all the worst ways.
Nope. I'm pretty sure you will have some music that I don't agree with and besides that, don't you know that most conservative Mennonites churches, along with many other things, would never allow attendance at a Communist themed show?
Lucky for you. I am preparing a one-man musical on Anabaptist martyr Anneken de Vlaster where I play both Anneken AND the fire. And it will be in Dutch. Which I don't speak. I'm using Google translate.
1 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

mike wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:48 pm It's just lovely that boats is spelled like moats. I never thought about that before.
A boat will float on a moat.
A mote, take note, won't flote.
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

mike wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:31 pm
Szdfan wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:17 pm
mike wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:10 pm

I have a dentist appointment that day.
I'd be happy to come to the dentist's office and tap dance while singing about autonomous workers collectives as you're sitting in the dentist chair.
Now you have me looking forward to the root canal
Y'all quit talking about the dentist's office! I was just there and had my tooth pulled. The paper I had to sign describing all that could go wrong was so terrifying that I told the dentist I should have waited until after she pulled the tooth to read it (and sign it). :o
3 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

Ohio Jones, perhaps you can explain why posts in this thread show up in my notifications ???? I'm really not interested in this thread.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

I'd be happy to come to the dentist's office and tap dance while singing about autonomous workers collectives as you're sitting in the dentist chair.
American dentistry is much better than Brit dentistry. At least the Americans do not use Roto Rooter at the dentist. :lol:
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

And you should request your dentist use laughing gas in case SZD comes....
1 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Sudsy wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:02 pm Ohio Jones, perhaps you can explain why posts in this thread show up in my notifications ???? I'm really not interested in this thread.
That's probably because you're not welcome here.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

BAH, HUMBUG
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Sudsy wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:02 pm Ohio Jones, perhaps you can explain why posts in this thread show up in my notifications ???? I'm really not interested in this thread.
At the top of the page, next to the Post Reply button, there's a wrench icon with a drop-down menu; one of the choices is Subscribe topic. If it says Unsubscribe, you have (perhaps unintentionally) signed up for notifications from the thread, and clicking on Unsubscribe should stop them.

If that's not the cause, I have no idea. But it does give me an idea if I actually do want to be hostile sometime. :twisted:
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited