Anabaptist Acronyms

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: Anabaptist Acronyms

Post by Ernie »

ohio jones wrote:
Dan Z wrote:an evangelical-leaning Mennonite group most common in the great planes of Canada & the US
Boeing I'll agree with, but I take exception to calling those little Bombardier puddlejumpers (acronym: CRJ = Canadair Regional Jet) a "great" plane regardless of how many Mennonites commonly inhabit them.
:)
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
QuietObserver
Affiliation:

Post by QuietObserver »

I can see this list getting quite unwieldy. I do see value in explaining short terms like NMB or MB, but do we need to include all the church acronyms? We could add EPMC, NMC, PMC, HMF, etc.

I would suggest adding these, mostly because it took me :) a little bit to figure these out.
FOTW - Followers of the Way
OTC = One True Church
1 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Not sure why there is not a link to create a new thread under announcements and Introductions...

For the record, In addition to MN acronyms, I would like to give some basic instructions for Poll creation and other common questions of MN. For example, I would like to suggest that users always be able to change their vote in a poll unless there is some really good reason against it. Sometimes people make mistakes and there is no way to change their vote.
2 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Aurien
Affiliation: Ex-Mennonite

Post by Aurien »

FB = Facebook (though it's my understanding that it may also be used on this particular forum to refer to Faith Builders).
1 x
No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly. --J.R.R. Tolkien

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that...you find someone to carry you. --Firefly
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

i’m guessing there are more, and new, Anabaptist Acronyms .. ??
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

temporal1 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:07 am 2023
i’m guessing there are more, and new, Anabaptist Acronyms .. ??
... the Rosedale Network of Churches is not RNC. That acronym is already taken, and although Pond Bank might have preferred we use it anyway, the official request is that the abbreviated reference should be RNOC ("fka CMC" can be added as appropriate for an interim period). That can even be shortened to two syllables by pronouncing it Arnock. RN is reserved for the Rosedale Network of Clinics, in case that eventuates.
2 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

MaxPC wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:59 am
steve-in-kville wrote:COB - Church of the Brethren
DB - Dunkard Brethren
BBF - Biblical Brethren Fellowship (not to be confused with the Bible Brethren which is far more conservative!)
There's also a Brethren Revival Fellowship.
Addendum: 3 years ago a new Brethren church emerged and broke away from the liberal political COB regarding COBs infidelity to Biblical teachings.

The new church is Covenant Brethren Church (CBC): they focus on maintaining obedience to Biblical teachings such as one man-one woman marriage as well as avoiding the acceptance of sexual sins that seem to be so popular among COB these days. I am told that approximately 20% of former COBs have joined CBC with more joining each week.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God