30 Bible Challenge

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
TeleBodyofChrist
Affiliation: Christian

30 Bible Challenge

Post by TeleBodyofChrist »

Hi all,

I actually posted this under the welcome thread, but realized that it was what I was going to say in my introduction. lol. Anyway, I was once a member of Menno Discuss. I did not realize Menno Discuss was no more until I went looking for it. At the time I was a seeker and the information provided by other members helped me get to the bottom of what to expect from the church I was visiting.

What led me here today was God. It has been put on my heart to read the bible more on a regularly basis. I have read the Bible all the way through but no more than twice in my lifetime. Other than that, I have depended on the Bishop or devotionals to tell me what to look at. I have found while doing this is not bad, I do not feel strong in the word.

Details are becoming vague and I find myself saying, "Somewhere in the bible it says... or didn't it say...", which is not good if I want to be ready to win souls at a moments notice.

However, I know I am not the only one this happens to. Life gets busy and sometimes all of the things we participate in get in the way of reading the word in its entirety on a regular basis. So, I am stepping out of my comfort zone and seeing if anyone else wants to take this journey with me.

I prayed to God on where to go to find others that would be willing and He reminded me of Menno Discuss. I plan to make this announcement of my new goal to everyone and then get back into fellowship with the group as I do miss the deep discussions and acceptance of all from all types of backgrounds.

If interested you can go to https://sites.google.com/view/tbcbp30days/home. I plan to take this challenge over and over and lead others into it as I feel this is a way I can contribute to the kingdom. However, right now it is just me so it may be slow going but I am willing. I look forward to seeing what is new and the same with everyone!

Tasheena
Last edited by TeleBodyofChrist on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Let’s read the whole bible together in 30 days!
If interested you can view my profile and go to my website.

2 Tim. 3:16-17
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: 30 Bible Challenge

Post by Robert »

Welcome, but I would ask that you do not have a link to outside of MennoNet in your signature. This was a policy at MD and worked well. You can post in in threads, but would be best not to have it in your signature.

Hope you understand.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
TeleBodyofChrist

Hi Robert,

Okay. I will put it is the post then.

Thanks!
0 x

temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Welcome to MN, Tasheena - :D
i enjoyed reading your intro post, glad you added it here.

here's another thread you might enjoy -
Mrs.Nisly / Introductions
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17

MN isn't identical to MD, it's similar, with many MD members, but, also with lots of new members.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
TeleBodyofChrist

Thanks!
0 x