Milestones

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: 50,000 Posts

Post by ohio jones »

Dan Z wrote:Well we did it - 50,000 posts on March 12, 2019!
Bootstrap - who is exactly at 5000 posts today!
Those are nice round numbers, but we are two days early for pi day.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

60,000 Posts

Post by ohio jones »

Dan Z wrote:Well we did it - 50,000 posts on March 12, 2019!

It took us about 7 months to add 10,000 posts - that's about 47 posts per day. We've slowed down a bit (20%) from last year, but still going rather strong. It took us 19 months to get to 50,000 - an overall rate of roughly 57 posts per day - or about one post every 25 minutes day & night.

Regarding members:

There are 1606 registered users now, but only 239 people (16%) who are true users because they have posted at least once.
Of those 239 actual users, we picked up 25 new posters over the last 7 months
102 people who have posted 10 or more times
53 people who have 100 or more posts
26 people with 500 or more posts (up 3 from 7 months ago)
16 people with 1000 or more posts (unchanged from 7 months ago - but there are 6 of us within 140 posts of the milestone)
4 people above 2000 posts (unchanged from 7 months ago)
and 2 people above 5000 posts! (Josh at 5106 & Bootstrap - who is exactly at 5000 posts today!)

The top 10 posters account for 54% of the posts on the board.

Overall, even though MennoNet has slowed down a bit in activity over the last few months, but active participation has broadened (with the top 10 posters accounting for a lower overall percentage). That feels healthy to me.

Hooray for MennoNet - and thanks again to Robert for his able administration!
Statistics update at the 60K milestone:

The 10,000 posts in the last 4.5 months were at a rate of 74 posts per day, up from 47.
295 users have posted at least once (up 56).
183 have posted at least twice (the Welcome thread and one other post), which may be a more realistic criterion for "true" users.
125 people have 10 or more posts (up 23)
65 people have 100 or more posts (up 12)
28 people have 500 or more posts (up 2)
22 people have 1000 or more posts (up 6, as Dan predicted)
7 people have 2000 or more posts (up 3)
2 people have 5000 or more posts

The top 10 posters account for 52% of the posts on the board (down 2%).

The Prolific Poster Prize this time goes to JBG; from 333 posts at the beginning of July to 581 today (150+ in the last week alone). There actually is no tangible prize until the 1000-post plateau, nor does Robert pay by the post, so the recognition given here may have to suffice.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Milestones

Post by MaxPC »

I would hazard a guess that the CAM situation is causal for some of the changes. :roll:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Post by joshuabgood »

Hey I won a prize. Still a bit of a let down to know I have another 9/10s of the way to go prior to catching the front runners.
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

joshuabgood wrote:Hey I won a prize. Still a bit of a let down to know I have another 9/10s of the way to go prior to catching the front runners.
Keep going. You're posting great stuff.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

joshuabgood wrote:Hey I won a prize. Still a bit of a let down to know I have another 9/10s of the way to go prior to catching the front runners.
:lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

We can see who are still the big mouths around here. I have enjoyed the new influx and change of tone because if it. Seems we are reverting back to the old tones though.

0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Mountain Merle
Affiliation: Redneck Mennonite

Post by Mountain Merle »

Congratulations on the prize. I'm sure you are more free in the summer since this is your "off season". But I wonder what your employers will think if they find our you spent your summer camped out on MennoNet.. :D
0 x
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Post by joshuabgood »

Mountain Merle wrote:
Congratulations on the prize. I'm sure you are more free in the summer since this is your "off season". But I wonder what your employers will think if they find our you spent your summer camped out on MennoNet.. :D
Well I am a teacher by trade. So let's see how good a job I do. :).
0 x
AnthonyMartin
Affiliation: LMC

Post by AnthonyMartin »

MaxPC wrote:I would hazard a guess that the CAM situation is causal for some of the changes. :roll:
I was recently introduced to MN through a Facebook posting on the CAM issue. I had heard jbg mention the forum. I was intrigued reading through some of the old dialogue and decided to join in. I appreciate the opportunity. Thank you to all who built and maintain the forum!
0 x