MennoNet Politics Sabbatical

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: MennoNet Politics Sabbatical

Post by Robert »

Dan Z wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:14 am My dear daughter, a brilliant 27-year-old who is leaving her mark in the world as a behavior analyst working to better the lives of autistic kids (and who is also working toward adopting a high-needs child), was surprised to learn in a discussion in our living room this weekend that Donald J. Trump is once again running for president. She had no idea, and no strong opinion one way or another! She is not an ignorant person...just absolutely not interested in politics.

Her contribution to the world around her is living out her faith in the context of those she can directly reach.

I'm humbled and challenged by her clarity.
If she has no interest and does not vote. that is good. My issue is tat many low information voters do vote and vote from ignorance. They are easily swayed because it does take time and energy to learn about the candidates local, state, and federal. I do not even know who my state reps are. I know few locals. I am quite informed. It is very hard to keep up.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Re: MennoNet Politics Sabbatical

Post by Sudsy »

Dan Z wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:14 am My dear daughter, a brilliant 27-year-old who is leaving her mark in the world as a behavior analyst working to better the lives of autistic kids (and who is also working toward adopting a high-needs child), was surprised to learn in a discussion in our living room this weekend that Donald J. Trump is once again running for president. She had no idea, and no strong opinion one way or another! She is not an ignorant person...just absolutely not interested in politics.

Her contribution to the world around her is living out her faith in the context of those she can directly reach.

I'm humbled and challenged by her clarity.
I do believe we do have some responsibility toward our leaders of the country but we can do that without following politics. I think she has the right approach and example. For our involvement - 1 Timothy 2:1-4
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.
1 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit