Post by silentreader »

No more "Empty Streets" for Lester.
1 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
haithabu
Affiliation: Missionary Church

Re: Prayer request for Lester Bauman

Post by haithabu »

I also received notification of Lester‘s passing today via WhatsApp. We had had a chance to get together and sometimes chat in the past year and he told me recently that he was counting his lifespan in terms of months rather than years. I look forward to seeing him on the other side when my time comes.
1 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

haithabu wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:18 pm I also received notification of Lester‘s passing today via WhatsApp. We had had a chance to get together and sometimes chat in the past year and he told me recently that he was counting his lifespan in terms of months rather than years. I look forward to seeing him on the other side when my time comes.
I was JUST wondering jow he was doing, then this sad news. Sad for a that will miss him on this side. I'm glad you shared that you've been in touch with him recently- .

He was a kind & gentle, steadfast soul- he had reached out to me early on minnow discuss knowing I was struggling as a seeker with the fact that I was divorced and remarried- the way he responded told me a lot about his relationship with the Lord and I have no doubt he is with him free from sickness and disease. Still is difficult to think about him suffering and his family now grieving
2 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Valerie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:09 pm He was a kind & gentle, steadfast soul- he had reached out to me early on minnow discuss knowing I was struggling as a seeker with the fact that I was divorced and remarried- the way he responded told me a lot about his relationship with the Lord and I have no doubt he is with him free from sickness and disease. Still is difficult to think about him suffering and his family now grieving
Though this is a solemn moment, I'm enjoying an unabaited chuckle over the first line. I don't think Lester was an avid angler, but he did get himself reeled into a few fishy situations, such as this one:
ken_sylvania wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:53 pm The Fatal MD Crash - Was it really Lesterb's fault?
Robert wrote:We welcome you to MennoNet(MN). It was created after a fatal crash of MennoDiscuss.com(MD).
I seem to remember that just a couple of days before MD crashed lesterb was threatening to list a certain user as both friend and foe. He seemed to think he might be able to crash the site that way.
Now I don't think of myself as a conspiracy theorist by any means, but something seems fishy here... ;) ;)
3 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

I just chatted with Lester last month and planned to call him this week.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Valerie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:09 pm
haithabu wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:18 pm I also received notification of Lester‘s passing today via WhatsApp. We had had a chance to get together and sometimes chat in the past year and he told me recently that he was counting his lifespan in terms of months rather than years. I look forward to seeing him on the other side when my time comes.
I was JUST wondering jow he was doing, then this sad news. Sad for [all] that will miss him on this side. I'm glad you shared that you've been in touch with him recently- .

He was a kind & gentle, steadfast soul- he had reached out to me early on [MennoDiscuss] knowing I was struggling as a seeker with the fact that I was divorced and remarried- the way he responded told me a lot about his relationship with the Lord and I have no doubt he is with him free from sickness and disease. Still is difficult to think about him suffering and his family now grieving

i agree. possibly the first discussion on MD that “grabbed” my attention was between lesterb and TNBaer on divorce and remarriage, i’d not heard of the CM view before, not even in church!! - But, on my own, i’d read The Book of Hosea, and was intrigued by it .. again, i don’t recall Hosea and Gomer ever mentioned in my life, not even in church; we’d been active in church for years. And i read scriptures on my own.

i was and am sympathetic to TNBaer’s views and real life experience. i miss his presence on forum!
i was intrigued with lester’s representation of CM views on marriage, divorce, remarriage. on fornication and adultery.

i believe it’s been a massive error for the world to go so far away from core scriptural beliefs that core beliefs have become foreign concepts. even in churches.

it’s one matter to disagree and choose differently.
it’s an entirely different matter to just be ignorant and not aware there is a choice.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Sorry to hear this. I had some email correspondence with Lester and of course read his posts on MD/MN. God comfort his family and may his memory be blessed.
2 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

It was very strange to chat with Lester and Marlene. You might say Lester and I were in the same boat together. His cancer was also caught too late to be cured, though it was much more advanced than mine. While we had many disagreements in this forum, there was a deep understanding we had for each other in his last days, a common understanding of what faith, grace and resignation to God (Gelassenheit) mean - on a very personal level.

When I read about his passing I recalled the passage of scripture; “Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?” And when I read his obituary just now there it was again.

Brother Lester has won the battle, because Jesus defeated death. It has no sting, Lester could testify to that.
6 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Wayne in Maine wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:42 pm It was very strange to chat with Lester and Marlene. You might say Lester and I were in the same boat together. His cancer was also caught too late to be cured, though it was much more advanced than mine. While we had many disagreements in this forum, there was a deep understanding we had for each other in his last days, a common understanding of what faith, grace and resignation to God (Gelassenheit) mean - on a very personal level.

When I read about his passing I recalled the passage of scripture; “Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?” And when I read his obituary just now there it was again.

Brother Lester has won the battle, because Jesus defeated death. It has no sting, Lester could testify to that.
Good words Wayne.

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. Psalm 116:15
1 x