Prayer request for Lester Bauman

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Prayer request for Lester Bauman

Post by MaxPC »

barnhart wrote:Lester, if you see this, I pray in anticipation of your full healing either here or in the presence of God.
I echo barnhart's words, Lester. I shall also add that your writings have been an encouragement and an instruction to many including myself. Prayers for you and yours, Brother.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

i was reviewing lester’s Blog thread, found this from him:

Blogs / Lesterb
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php ... hilit=blog

2020 update / Page 14:
lesterb wrote:Tell me please, which of the two following concepts you prefer (and why).

Present approach...

New approach...

The comparison here is mostly the landing pages. Which of these two concepts would be most likely to get you into the site to do further reading? That's actually the goal of a landing page.
The second link does not work (for me).
The first: LESTER’S BOOKSHELF

This year (2020) has been the year of empty streets. God has reached out to this world in a powerful way through COVID-19. Unfortunately, many of us–even those who profess to be Christians–have overlooked this tremendous opportunity to learn more about Him. Instead, we grumble about our perceived losses of freedom, the need to wear masks, and the inconveniences of being locked down.
The picture above resonated with me. I enjoy the wisdom writings and these verses from the Song of Solomon spoke to me. Is it really true that we might search the empty streets, looking for God, and not find him? This picture resonates with loneliness.

God also told His people, “Come back to me.” He wants us as much as we want Him. But if we turn our backs and push Him away during good times, we might just find Him doing that to us in the bad times.
I’ve been thinking a lot serious thoughts in the past three weeks. I’ve lost several old friends to COVID, but that isn’t why. About three weeks ago I was told that I have an incurable form of liver cancer. I’ll enclosed a brief update from my visit to the cancer clinic this morning.
Here is a short report of my visit at the cancer clinic this morning.
We need to answer one main question: Do we want to go on a treatment program for the cancer or not? Bear in mind that we aren’t talking about a cure, just a way of letting me live a little longer. The drug involved has a lengthy list of side effects–some of which are potentially lethal. When you add the fact that taking the drug makes you sick much of the time, you wonder whether it’s worth it for a bit of extra time.

I’m hoping to have enough writing time left to finish several writing projects I’m working on presently. I’m not sure which approach would give me the most time to put into it. I had a third project that I’ve been discussing with TGS that deals with the Will of God and how it relates to the free will God has given to man. I’d be grateful if God also gave me time to finish that one.

I would be glad for your prayers to help us make the proper choices. I’m also aware that God could easily heal me and give me another few years of writing time. But I’ve left that up to Him.
I haven’t kept up very well with this blog, and I wish I would have done better. But with circumstances the way they are, I’ll probably shut down over winter.
Blessings — Lester
(i copied+pasted, not knowing if this link will disappear, or when.)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

i wonder if lesterb is well enough/aware of the forum’s politics Sabbatical?
if so, i hope he smiles.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

silentreader wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:58 am Just got a second person message that lesterb died yesterday evening.
0 x

UNKNOWN
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

temporal1 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:32 am
silentreader wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:58 am Just got a second person message that lesterb died yesterday evening.
Thank you for that update.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

He was a good man of faith with a keen mind and a gentle spirit. We'll miss him.
0 x
ragpicker
Affiliation: Mennobapticostal

Post by ragpicker »

Rip warrior.
2 x
Embrace the lonely road.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

I am sorry for the loss of Lester and for all his friends and family. May he rest easy in the arms of Jesus.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

I'm sorry to hear that. Lester was a true man of God. I appreciated him very much.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

See you soon brother. May family and friends experience the comfort of the Holy Spirit. 'For we sorrow not as those who have no hope' - 1 Thessalonians 4:13.
1 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit