Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions

Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Total votes: 0

temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Post by temporal1 »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:49 pm I don't share personal stuff too often, but our daughter was struggling with some mental health issues the last several months. She is now in a mental health facility on a short term basis. We are hoping to get resolution. Those that have been here long enough know we haven't had the easiest road in life in the past few years.

Your prayers are appreciated. Thank you.
prayers your daughter will be in competent hands, and that she will be ready+willing to “do her part” to accept help.
it takes both, and, when it works, it can be change for the better. i pray your daughter learns to lean on scriptures to help guide her through the process. (that goes for parents, too.)
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:49 pm I don't share personal stuff too often, but our daughter was struggling with some mental health issues the last several months. She is now in a mental health facility on a short term basis. We are hoping to get resolution. Those that have been here long enough know we haven't had the easiest road in life in the past few years.

Your prayers are appreciated. Thank you.

Prayers for your daughter.
1 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. We think we're out of the woods and we're hoping to bring her home as soon as tomorrow.
5 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Verity
Affiliation: NFC

Post by Verity »

Praying for you and her! May God provide people to minister to you through this time.
1 x
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

Those of you who go back to the MennoDiscuss days will doubtless remember our dear sister Anabaptistenigma - one of the brightest minds and sincerest hearts to grace MD back in the day. Sadly, we have just learned that she has been diagnosed with stage-4 bile duct cancer metastasized around the liver. I know she and her family would appreciate your prayers for the physical and spiritual battle ahead.
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Dan Z wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:02 am Those of you who go back to the MennoDiscuss days will doubtless remember our dear sister Anabaptistenigma - one of the brightest minds and sincerest hearts to grace MD back in the day. Sadly, we have just learned that she has been diagnosed with stage-4 bile duct cancer metastasized around the liver. I know she and her family would appreciate your prayers for the physical and spiritual battle ahead.
:pray
1 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

Dan Z wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:02 am Those of you who go back to the MennoDiscuss days will doubtless remember our dear sister Anabaptistenigma - one of the brightest minds and sincerest hearts to grace MD back in the day. Sadly, we have just learned that she has been diagnosed with stage-4 bile duct cancer metastasized around the liver. I know she and her family would appreciate your prayers for the physical and spiritual battle ahead.
I read her post on Facebook. I can't imagine how difficult this must be.
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

I am truly sorry to hear this. She and her family will be in our family prayers.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

I was very impressed by her posts. And yes, I will pray for her.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

2016 / P.3 / Mrs.Nisly wrote:
Re: Welcome to MennoNet
Post by Mrs.Nisly » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:33 pm

Hello,
I go by a new name these days. I am Mrs.Nisly. In extreme circumstances I am willing to be referred to as MN.
Two things I have learned over the past nearly 10 years is that long names like anabaptistengima are tedious and that gender matters.
My life circumstances have also changed considerably. Ten years ago I was a mother of a couple of youngsters with the addition and loss of a couple more. Now I am comfortably middle aged, my burning questions of identity and direction have mostly found rest.
I am embarking on a new era of influence and vision for the next generation of my community by teaching elementary education, as well as digging into the historical roots of this community, in order to help build up a strong community of faithfulness.

i’m glad i joined MD when she was active, what a treasure. i hoped she would continue to be as active on MN.

DanZ,
i sent your post to Knight, he had glowing things to say about AE. admiration and respect.
i haven’t heard from him since early pandemic days. i hope he sees my email, or sees your message here.
i’m sure he’ll want to pray, as will anyone she ever touched.

i believe in prayer, i believe in miracles. praying for miracles, esp for her close family and loved ones. ✝️
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN