Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions

Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Total votes: 0

Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Post by Valerie »

ShantyShaker wrote:The good new is that baby is out of the PICU as of this afternoon. But still no diagnosis and waiting on the report of the fluid sample they took out of her abdomen.
Prayers ascending, for baby and all of you going through this difficult time/trial- may the Lord give you comfort, peace, strength, and total trust in Him for this journey-
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

ShantyShaker wrote:The good new is that baby is out of the PICU as of this afternoon. But still no diagnosis and waiting on the report of the fluid sample they took out of her abdomen.
so unnerving. she must have an IV for fluids/glucose? this is a long time without nutrition for a tiny body.
continuing prayers.

don’t bother with questions, questions can wait.
so glad you have practical help at hand.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ShantyShaker
Affiliation: BMA

Post by ShantyShaker »

temporal1 wrote:
so unnerving. she must have an IV for fluids/glucose? this is a long time without nutrition for a tiny body.
continuing prayers.

She has had IV since the first hospital (our local hospital is a much lower level of care), first 5 days was only sugar water plus meds, now she had a nutrition bag going in through IV as well as her antibiotics.
0 x
Former user name: C&MJ
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

ShantyShaker wrote:
temporal1 wrote:
continuing prayers.

She has had IV since the first hospital (our local hospital is a much lower level of care), first 5 days was only sugar water plus meds, now she had a nutrition bag going in through IV as well as her antibiotics.
praying for full healing, that she will quickly grow out of this, to have a healthy, long life.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Wade wrote:A 9 year old boy from a family that is part of our local congregation is being flown to Vancouver for surgery as they found he has a tumor. He has been struggling with headaches for months. :pray
Apparently the brain surgery went well and the tumor is removed with tests showing no cancer.
I don't know much details but it sounds like it will be a challenge recovering yet.
Thank you for your prayers.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Just received word that LesterB's father passed away today. He would have been 89 in November and had fairly severe arthritis issues. However, he always seemed cheerful and busy. We are thankful that he was allowed to leave this life in exchange for something better. Our thoughts go to Lester and his sister and their families.

A son-in-law got him interested in family histories and sometime in the last 10 years of his life he published a family history - the descendants of his grandmother which would be my great grandmother. The index lists over 5,400 names.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Hats Off wrote:Just received word that LesterB's father passed away today. He would have been 89 in November and had fairly severe arthritis issues. However, he always seemed cheerful and busy. We are thankful that he was allowed to leave this life in exchange for something better. Our thoughts go to Lester and his sister and their families.

A son-in-law got him interested in family histories and sometime in the last 10 years of his life he published a family history - the descendants of his grandmother which would be my great grandmother. The index lists over 5,400 names.
Very sorry to hear of the loss of someone who will be so missed- as he goes to his reward, prayers for the family-
Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints- Psalm 116:15
Memory eternal
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Hats Off wrote:Just received word that LesterB's father passed away today. He would have been 89 in November and had fairly severe arthritis issues. However, he always seemed cheerful and busy. We are thankful that he was allowed to leave this life in exchange for something better. Our thoughts go to Lester and his sister and their families.

Keeping Lester and his family in prayer. :pray
I'm glad he did a family history so that the children know who they are.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Mennogal
Affiliation: Budding Mennonite

Post by Mennogal »

I could use prayers.... been an unusually tough week, tho church was most excellent this morning... my depression is kicking up and it's a hard fight sometimes... in Jesus name.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Mennogal wrote:I could use prayers.... been an unusually tough week, tho church was most excellent this morning... my depression is kicking up and it's a hard fight sometimes... in Jesus name.
i read your request yesterday, but did not log on to respond.
i am praying for you ..

and thinking what a strange thing depression can be.
it’s often very well hidden and suffered in silence and isolation.

i’m glad you made the request, and hope it helped, to articulate it. to not deny it.
0 x

UNKNOWN