Total votes: 0

temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Poll: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Post by temporal1 »

reminder:
this poll is an informal response to Robert's "Additions" thread, Page 1 -
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6
Robert wrote:What do we want to see added? What did I miss?
the decision is Robert's, this poll is just to get an idea about interest. (i've been curious.)

good response, considering the low number of active posters this winter. :wave:
the poll remains open, no end date in place.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Prayer Requests

Post by Wade »

Some of you know that recently the pediatrician called for x-rays to be done on the head of our 3 month old son George because it isn't symmetrical.
We talked with her recently after she seen the results and her first fears were not true about his growth plates being fused too early. And even though she was quite concerned before she now said that it is likely that his head will correct itself... She still was shipping the results to Vancouver, but we were under the impression all was well anyway and forgot about it.

Then, today we got an unexpected call from Vancouver hospital booking the two earliest appointments that they could fit us in for which is Monday morning May 8th. The first appointment will be a consultation and we have no information about the second? They will not tell us why we are going to Vancouver(over 7hr drive away) - that is what the first appointment is for.

Our son is happy, smiling lots, and seems healthy - so hopefully this won't be too exciting of a trip.

Thank you for any prayers.
0 x
temporal1

Re: Prayer Requests

Post by temporal1 »

Wade wrote:Some of you know that recently the pediatrician called for x-rays to be done on the head of our 3 month old son George because it isn't symmetrical.
We talked with her recently after she seen the results and her first fears were not true about his growth plates being fused too early. And even though she was quite concerned before she now said that it is likely that his head will correct itself... She still was shipping the results to Vancouver, but we were under the impression all was well anyway and forgot about it.

Then, today we got an unexpected call from Vancouver hospital booking the two earliest appointments that they could fit us in for which is Monday morning May 8th. The first appointment will be a consultation and we have no information about the second? They will not tell us why we are going to Vancouver(over 7hr drive away) - that is what the first appointment is for.

Our son is happy, smiling lots, and seems healthy - so hopefully this won't be too exciting of a trip.

this does seem odd. i wonder if your pediatrician simply forgot to tell you about the reason for the appointments, and the Vancouver folks presume you've been told? :?

when our first child was born, her head was definitely "odd-shaped," thankfully, before she was born, i'd read this is not uncommon. i was not alarmed. (my mother-in-law was!) within months, her head had a fine shape; infants' structures are so pliable, they usually heal quickly, and do a lot of straightening-out after they are born. (by the 9th month of development, they are in cramped quarters!)

when my granddaughter was born, we noticed she seemed to have a broken collarbone! (clavicle)
this terrified me! my daughter asked the doctor, we did some googling, learned this is also common, and, typically, all heals quickly. again, without any measures from doctors, it healed, we barely think of it.

(if i were you) i would ask about the reason for the appointments, just to put my mind at ease.
i would go to the appointments. i hope they are cautionary visits.

i will be praying, and hoping you will have nothing more to pursue.
0 x

UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Wade wrote:Some of you know that recently the pediatrician called for x-rays to be done on the head of our 3 month old son George because it isn't symmetrical.

Wade, we are offering up prayers for your trip and good results from the appointments. our children are so precious.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Unsure whether or not this made "national news", but the Black River in AR has set a new crest record due to the ridiculous rain our state has had. The levee near Pochahontas is breached In several locations- lots of livelihood effected by the rising waters.
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Then, today we got an unexpected call from Vancouver hospital booking the two earliest appointments that they could fit us in for which is Monday morning May 8th.

The first appointment will be a consultation and we have no information about the second?
They will not tell us why we are going to Vancouver(over 7hr drive away) - that is what the first appointment is for.

May 8 is nearly here! prayers for your family travel, and for doctors to find no complications. i'm with you - no excitement necessary. :)
KingdomBuilder wrote:Unsure whether or not this made "national news", but the Black River in AR has set a new crest record due to the ridiculous rain our state has had. The levee near Pochahontas is breached In several locations- lots of livelihood effected by the rising waters.
thank you, i had no idea .. there has been a lot of rain in some areas .. i found this:
"Gov. Asa Hutchinson deploys National Guard to combat Arkansas flooding following at least 9 levee breaches"
http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-n ... s/70001570

prayers for all affected. (shudder) floods can be so bad.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

KingdomBuilder wrote:Unsure whether or not this made "national news", but the Black River in AR has set a new crest record due to the ridiculous rain our state has had. The levee near Pochahontas is breached In several locations- lots of livelihood effected by the rising waters.
It's certainly made the rounds of the gossip circle in the plain world. Apparently many people's roads and driveways look more like rivers.
0 x
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Josh wrote:It's certainly made the rounds of the gossip circle in the plain world. Apparently many people's roads and driveways look more like rivers.
Definitely. The entire northern 1/2 of the state has had incredible rainfall and lots of flooding, but the Pocahontas disaster is the most extreme.
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

temporal1 wrote:

this does seem odd. i wonder if your pediatrician simply forgot to tell you about the reason for the appointments, and the Vancouver folks presume you've been told? :?

when our first child was born, her head was definitely "odd-shaped," thankfully, before she was born, i'd read this is not uncommon. i was not alarmed. (my mother-in-law was!) within months, her head had a fine shape; infants' structures are so pliable, they usually heal quickly, and do a lot of straightening-out after they are born. (by the 9th month of development, they are in cramped quarters!)

when my granddaughter was born, we noticed she seemed to have a broken collarbone! (clavicle)
this terrified me! my daughter asked the doctor, we did some googling, learned this is also common, and, typically, all heals quickly. again, without any measures from doctors, it healed, we barely think of it.

(if i were you) i would ask about the reason for the appointments, just to put my mind at ease.
i would go to the appointments. i hope they are cautionary visits.

i will be praying, and hoping you will have nothing more to pursue.
It went well.
Doctor wants him to do some physiotherapy for his neck, which can be done near where we live.
But he said it really doesn't look bad and is very much on the lower scale compared to most babies he sees with similar, and is anticipating little time to correct with exercises.

Was approached by someone in Vancouver trying to speak low German to me... I don't know a word of it... :lol: He was a JW from Taber, Alberta. :geek:

Thank you for your prayers.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Wade, that's good news :clap:

Am glad there's a hope for improvement, thanks be to God!
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God