Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions

Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Total votes: 0

Outsider
Affiliation: Church of Christ

Re: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Post by Outsider »

I'd like to request the kind believers here to pray for me. I contracted COVID a week or so ago, and it evolved into acute respiratory distress with hypoxemia. Spent a couple of days in the hospital, and been released, but still have a fuzzy brain, am emotionally and physically exhausted, and not all here.

I need all the intercession with Jesus I can get (I need that always, but today is just one of those big days).

I love all of you squabbling, hard-headed, and thick-necked believers, and I pray the Lord be with you and guide you in all your ways in return. Or anyway. :-D
4 x
1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;

Hebrews 1:14
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Dear one ..

1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Outsider wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:35 pm I'd like to request the kind believers here to pray for me. I contracted COVID a week or so ago, and it evolved into acute respiratory distress with hypoxemia. Spent a couple of days in the hospital, and been released, but still have a fuzzy brain, am emotionally and physically exhausted, and not all here.

I need all the intercession with Jesus I can get (I need that always, but today is just one of those big days).

I love all of you squabbling, hard-headed, and thick-necked believers, and I pray the Lord be with you and guide you in all your ways in return. Or anyway. :-D
i posted a quiz with you in mind .. to help you pass the time. :)
P.5 / Quizzes
viewtopic.php?t=276&start=40
0 x

UNKNOWN
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I would appreciate any prayers for my health. About a month ago I had my back go bad. A herniated disc, pinching my nerve, pain down my leg. I can’t sit. I can stand up for a few minutes. Mostly I’ve just been laying flat on my back.
3 x
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

RZehr wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:20 am I would appreciate any prayers for my health. About a month ago I had my back go bad. A herniated disc, pinching my nerve, pain down my leg. I can’t sit. I can stand up for a few minutes. Mostly I’ve just been laying flat on my back.
Praying.
4 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

GaryK wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:23 am
RZehr wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:20 am I would appreciate any prayers for my health. About a month ago I had my back go bad. A herniated disc, pinching my nerve, pain down my leg. I can’t sit. I can stand up for a few minutes. Mostly I’ve just been laying flat on my back.
Praying.
Praying for complete recovery.
Praying for you to have patience+strength to get a complete recovery, including rest and physical therapy. It takes patience.
It can be so hard to follow doctor’s orders!
3 x

UNKNOWN
Outsider
Affiliation: Church of Christ

Post by Outsider »

I pray that God relieves your pain, and heals your back. In Jesus' name, Amen.
3 x
1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;

Hebrews 1:14
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Thank you all. I have appointment with a neurologist next month. I’ve been still pretty much flat, but today I did appreciate some improvement. Me being down is the reason I have been more active than normal on this forum. Probably will continue for a while.
5 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Continuing prayers for your healing and relief, RZehr. :pray
3 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

Sister Sharon Nisly (AKA: Mrs. Nisly from MennoNet, or Anabaptistenigma from MennoDiscuss) crossed over into eternity two days ago (April 18) after a relatively short battle with cancer. Here is her Obituary.

Those of us who interacted with her over the years, both on MennoNet, and more extensively on MennoDicuss, have been blessed by her faith, wisdom, grace, and extraordinarily inquisitive mind. I, for one, have grown in faith and thought as a result of my interactions with Sharon. I'm grateful to have gotten to know her and her husband Gene in person as well. I'll be joining others in prayer for Gene and her family and friends as they mourn her passing.
mike wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:56 pm
temporal1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:58 pm
Dan Z wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:02 am Those of you who go back to the MennoDiscuss days will doubtless remember our dear sister Anabaptistenigma - one of the brightest minds and sincerest hearts to grace MD back in the day. Sadly, we have just learned that she has been diagnosed with stage-4 bile duct cancer metastasized around the liver. I know she and her family would appreciate your prayers for the physical and spiritual battle ahead.
Any word?
She began cancer treatments this week.
1 x