Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions

Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Total votes: 0

MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Post by MaxPC »

steve-in-kville wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:00 am Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. We think we're out of the woods and we're hoping to bring her home as soon as tomorrow.
We prayed for you all. How are you doing?
2 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:12 pm
steve-in-kville wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:00 am Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. We think we're out of the woods and we're hoping to bring her home as soon as tomorrow.
She's been home for a bit, but she is medicated which breaks my heart. She is a different person. She was going to go back to school last week... but we aren't there yet.
4 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:02 pm She's been home for a bit, but she is medicated which breaks my heart. She is a different person. :(
She was going to go back to school last week... but we aren't there yet.
In my life, esp when caring for my husband for several years after his terminal diagnosis, i came to the decision, whenever a family member is prescribed serious drugs, mind-altering drugs, etc., the prescribing doctor needs to observe all family members, at least those in the household, even children, to get a broader picture of what that med is doing, not just seeing the one isolated patient.

i realize the medical world is on a path in the opposite direction.
i believe this can be catastrophic to the patient and can rip the entire family apart.

With my husband’s diagnosis, it was “SOP” for me to be present, i think for every reason, including keeping an eye on me, my health, signs of burn out, etc. - we don’t exist in vacuums. i believe it waa crucial to our situation, we had the best experience possible in the worst circumstances, i believe a lot because communication was wide open.

your daughter’s doctor needs your feedback+observations. and your wife’s, siblings’. it all matters.
we didn’t have young children involved. but, children are observant (and, if at ease) they will be honest about what they observe.
that could be invaluable to a wise professional.

God be with you.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Dan Z wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:02 am Those of you who go back to the MennoDiscuss days will doubtless remember our dear sister Anabaptistenigma - one of the brightest minds and sincerest hearts to grace MD back in the day. Sadly, we have just learned that she has been diagnosed with stage-4 bile duct cancer metastasized around the liver. I know she and her family would appreciate your prayers for the physical and spiritual battle ahead.
only a few days, but it seems so long since you posted this.
i hope you or others will update, i hope AE knows she’s more than welcome to post here, if it would help her in any way.
one of the things i first noticed on MD was, sometimes an internet forum can be a helpful outlet to the sick, the bedridden, the isolated.

it can “level the playing field” in some ways. “visiting hours” are not restricted. that, alone, can be a help. MD used to have some genuine night owls. when you’re ill, nights can be long.

.. continuing prayers ..
0 x

UNKNOWN
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:02 pm
MaxPC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:12 pm
She's been home for a bit, but she is medicated which breaks my heart. She is a different person. She was going to go back to school last week... but we aren't there yet.

I am so sorry Steve. And I am praying for your dear daughter.
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Dan Z wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:02 am Those of you who go back to the MennoDiscuss days will doubtless remember our dear sister Anabaptistenigma - one of the brightest minds and sincerest hearts to grace MD back in the day. Sadly, we have just learned that she has been diagnosed with stage-4 bile duct cancer metastasized around the liver. I know she and her family would appreciate your prayers for the physical and spiritual battle ahead.
Any word?
0 x

UNKNOWN
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

temporal1 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:58 pm
Any word?
She began cancer treatments this week.
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

mike wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:56 pm
Any word?
:pray :pray
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

mike wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:56 pm
Any word?
.. still praying.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

i never expected to post anything about The Royals, any topic, i don’t follow.

This reflects, cancer doesn’t discriminate, not age, location, socio-economic status.
And, unfortunately, media is relentless. Once again, speculation is wrong, esp in the public arena.

i see headlines, i don’t open reports. An exception:

“Kate, Princess of Wales, reveals she has cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy”
https://apnews.com/article/kate-middlet ... 11931d41d8

i’m mostly ambivalent about The Royals. This is hard for any human being.

Prayers for her husband and young children.
King Charles, the same.

.. prayers for The Royals.
0 x

UNKNOWN