Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions

Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Total votes: 0

temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Prayer Requests & Personal Testimonies

Post by temporal1 »

RZehr wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:55 pm Daisy doing much better she's awake and they removed the tube in her throat she's able to breath on her own now she's recovering very good thanks for your prayers. She’d been in a coma for a week.
great news. :D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

An interesting personal testimony - https://grantpiperwriting.medium.com/ch ... b86da3e76e
1 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Aurien
Affiliation: Ex-Mennonite

Post by Aurien »

This is the obituary for the man from my mom's church who died. I don't think any of the CAs on MN knew him but he and his wife did travel quite a bit so I suppose it's possible there's someone on here who met him before.

https://www.olneyfoust.com/obituary/Ronald-BILLINGSJr
1 x
No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly. --J.R.R. Tolkien

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that...you find someone to carry you. --Firefly
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

There is a Death Row inmate who wrote me weeks ago, and assured me that he was a Christian; but he sounded very flip about it. So I wrote him back and told him about repentance being an integral part of salvation. I didn't hear back, and assumed he might have been offended at my bluntness. But Friday I got a birthday card from him (my agnostic pen pal had to have clued him in) and he thanked me for the "nice letter," and said yes, I could sent preaching DVD to his chaplain. His card was dated Aug. 23, but postmarked 31.

I do not know if he is truly a child of God. Please pray to our merciful God that if he isn't, he will surrender his heart and will to Him.

His name is John, and his execution date is this Wednesday, the 8th.
4 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

gcdonner wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:37 pm
Joy wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:17 am Today is the last full day of my new friend's life, as he is to be executed tomorrow. I posted about him in prayer requests, but that doesn't seem to be read much.

Please pray that if he hasn't repented and put his trust in Jesus, that he will.
Father, grant to this man, the gift of repentance and the ability to be forgiven in his own mind. Thank you that even the thief on the cross was able to be saved at the last moment. In Jesus' name, AMEN
2 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

Please pray for brother Wayne In Maine - his faith and witness is strong, but he has been really struggling physically these last few weeks. Pray for his dear wife Betty as well as she walks with him through this.
10 x
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

I'm doing well tonight. They remove 1.2 liters of fluid from around my right lung and will do the same procedure tomorrow for my left. I can breathe again!
9 x
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Post by Wayne in Maine »

Pray that my liver, kidney and other organ functions can be restored to sufficient health to allow a resumption of my life giving chemotherapy. And pray for God's direct intervention now to restore my health so that I can at least enjoy my last days in the joy and delight of the presence of my family and my brothers and sisters in Pennsylvania.

We are, quite possibly, at a crisis point with my cancer.

Let us with our prayers surprise my medical team so that they will praise our God's demonstration of His power and His love.

I continue in the joy of His presence, in His kingdom which will have no end!
10 x
Dan Z

Post by Dan Z »

I just talked to Betty and it appears Wayne in Maine has taken a turn for the worse. His lungs and other organs are struggling to function and his medical team have placed him in hospice with likely days instead of weeks to be with us on this side of eternity. While his body is weak, he remains spiritually strong. His family is beginning to gather around him, as are some of us who are in his church fellowship. Prayers for Wayne and Betty and their family during this time will be greatly appreciated.
6 x
mike

Post by mike »

Dan Z wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:38 pm I just talked to Betty and it appears Wayne in Maine has taken a turn for the worse. His lungs and other organs are struggling to function and his medical team have placed him in hospice with likely days instead of weeks to be with us on this side of eternity. While his body is weak, he remains spiritually strong. His family is gathering around him, as are some of us who are in his church fellowship. Prayers for Wayne and Betty and their family during this time will be greatly appreciated.
We will pray. This brings tears to my eyes. It was less than two weeks since I talked with him on the phone while he was in the hospital. It was such a delight and blessing. I never thought things would change this quickly. God be with Betty and the children but especially with brother Wayne.
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3