POLL: Age of MennoNet Users

Official stuff, discussions about the forum, and new member introductions

How old are you?

Total votes: 0

Hopenafuture
Affiliation: cmc

Re: POLL: Age of MennoNet Users

Post by Hopenafuture »

Dan Z wrote:For those who've been around a while, how do you think these age demographics have changed since the days of MennoDiscuss.
Pretty sure those of us who were around in the early days of Mennodiscuss (2005) are right about 14 years older.

I was in Japan at the time and recently forbidden to discuss anything remotely controversial with the native English speaking team. I distinctly remember that MD filled a felt need for a place to discuss (argue) and learn.

I have since married, and had 5 children. They will argue with me anytime I want to argue.
1 x
QuietObserver
Affiliation:

Post by QuietObserver »

So far it looks like I'm the only one who is under 30. I guess that makes me the youngest member.
0 x
AnthonyMartin
Affiliation: LMC

Post by AnthonyMartin »

I'm new to MennoNet, never interacted with MennoDiscuss. I'm 43 so I guess I'm in the majority here :) I found MennoNet through a CAM discussion link on Facebook. Joshuabgood had referenced MennoNet in a few face-to-face discussions and when I saw the link I registered and stayed.

It's been fun finding folks I've interacted with over the years. When I was quite a bit younger I remember DanZ taking us on bird walks at Spruce Lake's Nature Weekend, I was probably 14 then :D I found out that Steve-from-Kville used to work as an EMT on the ambulance where I worked as a medic.
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

QuietObserver wrote:So far it looks like I'm the only one who is under 30. I guess that makes me the youngest member.
And here I imagined you as an older wiser man, the kind that speaks slowly and with a deep voice... :lol:

I turned 36 this week.
0 x
cmbl
Affiliation: Pilgrim, NMB

Post by cmbl »

QuietObserver wrote:So far it looks like I'm the only one who is under 30. I guess that makes me the youngest member.
Joining QuietObserver in the under 30 crowd.
0 x
"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous."
Mountain Merle
Affiliation: Redneck Mennonite

Post by Mountain Merle »

I'm fairly new to MennoNet, been around for less than 6 months. I turned 63 this year; help us all, where has the time
gone?? :shock:
I'm supposing that back in the MennoDiscuss days the younger ones had questions and answers both. I'm at the age where the questions have multiplied and the answers have diminished.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

AnthonyMartin wrote:
It's been fun finding folks I've interacted with over the years. When I was quite a bit younger I remember DanZ taking us on bird walks at Spruce Lake's Nature Weekend, I was probably 14 then :D I found out that Steve-from-Kville used to work as an EMT on the ambulance where I worked as a medic.
Don't tell anyone that.... it'll be our secret 8-)

I think we also ran a 5K together some years later, maybe?
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
AnthonyMartin
Affiliation: LMC

Post by AnthonyMartin »

steve-in-kville wrote:
AnthonyMartin wrote:
Don't tell anyone that.... it'll be our secret 8-)

I think we also ran a 5K together some years later, maybe?
Your secret is safe with me.

You are right!
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

I think at that race I was trying to beat my personal best and didn't. Can't remember why anymore.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

I suspect if we'd knock 12 years off of the entire list we would approximately match the MennoDiscuss Demographic.
0 x